Can't join/create multiplayer games

Status
Not open for further replies.

76Nova

So, I've just posted my introduction not to long ago, and if you happened to read it you'd know I'm a long time player! well, (and in all my time of SRB2 this has never happened to me) but when I go to join a game in the room type option it says "offline mode"

I'm quite curious as to why it's doing this, since I only remember having to do some special stuff when trying to host a server, not join one.

oh, and if it means anything, I'm on a laptop via wifi, but I certainly don't see how that could affect anything.

Press enter with your cursor on "offline mode" to choose the room to display the servers from.

To host a server, you have to forward port 5029UDP, the way to do so varies depending on your internet operator. ( I believe)

Oh, haha I'm a nub. That wasn't working, but a quick re install of SRB2 fixed the problem! :)

Sorry to bump this, but I have a similar issue. Either the MS might be offline, or I can't seem to access the MS on SRB2. It fails to connect according to the console, is there a reason behind this? I was really looking forward to hosting this weekend...

Sorry to bump this, but I have a similar issue. Either the MS might be offline, or I can't seem to access the MS on SRB2. It fails to connect according to the console, is there a reason behind this? I was really looking forward to hosting this weekend...

Appearantly the IP Adresse of MS was changed , check ms.srb2.org and use the on in there .

I don't think the IP address is the case, but thanks for the help.

Here's a gif to display the issue, its vanilla SRB2.

http://gfycat.com/ConsiderateDirectAustraliancattledog
ConsiderateDirectAustraliancattledog

Last edited:
If I were to get a firewall, it would popup the moment I would try to go online. Also, that's been disabled LONG after the release of 2.1.14.

I'd double-check your firewall anyway. I know I had issues hosting for a long time because it turned out my firewall exception only applied to public networks for some reason, which is pretty useless when my home network is marked private.

Also, to address the original topic question: you have to select which room on the Master Server to look on. It defaults to none. Maybe that should be changed at some point, like defaulting to all or something.

If your having issues connecting to the master server try checking windows firewall or whatever your anti-virus is to see if it has blocked any features of Srb2, because that's happened to me a lot.

This makes no sense, as far as I remembered, the only thing you can connect to is the port 5029.
The port is necessary only if you want to create your own Server, while the Master server IP Adresse is Necessary to find netgames easier (Since most players currently advertise their servers on it) .
* So if you want to start your own server and also want others to join it Forward that port, Write the correct IP Adresse of Master server in game options and start your server (Make sure to advertise it on one of the Master server Rooms) .
* But if you only want to join netgames And don't want to start your own server simply put the Correct IP Adresse in options and let the game find netgames hosted on it .

Turns out a digit was removed since the last time I messed with the game options, leaving me with ms.srb2.org:2980. I feel so foolish for not noticing this...

I'll look into this. If I recall correctly in past versions of srb2 port forwarding was not required like in 1.0.94 for instance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back