Toggle Chasecam sets cam_dist to default

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luky95

bPzPB0X.gif

As it turns out, Toggle Chasecam is actually affecting the console variable "chasecam". When "chasecam"'s value is changed, this console variable modifies the value of the "analog" console variable (forces it to off when "chasecam" is off or "useranalog" is off; forces it on otherwise). In turn the "analog" console variable messes with "cam_dist" when changed - it's forced to be 192 for analog mode, and 128 otherwise.

In short, Toggle Chasecam modifies "chasecam" modifies "analog" modifies "cam_dist"! This is hardly the only occasion SRB2 modifies "cam_dist" though sadly.

Sorry for the bump, but this is killin' me, Is there any way to bind a key that allows you to toggle the chasecam on and off? I tried with "bind 1 chasecam" but when I press 1 the console says something like "chasecam is on, default is on". I tried with "bind 1 chasecamon/chasecamoff" with no results. Thank you in advance.

You can use "toggle cvar" as a console command to toggle any on/off cvar, which is handy for binds, but chasecam in particular actually has a control dedicated to it somewhere in the controls menu. (I wanna say it's in Camera Controls?) It defaults to V.

Yeah, I think it didn't had the control key dedicated in v2.0 since that's the one I'm playing with right now, but the magic word "toggle" worked perfectly, thanks people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back