WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Okay, let's be clear. First thing's first. This forum is a cesspool. It's gotten to the point where even I don't read half the crap people post, and that's completely unacceptable.

The following has occurred:
  • The rules have changed. READ THEM. Failure to do so will lead to a quick ban.
  • The punishment structure has changed. No more of this warning structure. You break a rule, and you're out for three days. Again and it's a week. Again and it's permanent. I've had it with ineffectual warnings.
  • A multitude of topics were locked. Should you come up with a reason to recreate them, you may, but they had better have something interesting that the original topic lacked.
  • FoxBlitzz has been made an administrator. More are coming.

Congratulations Foxblitzz? This oughta be a great show, good work Mystic ;D

Its about time some stuff happened around here with the way the MB has been lately.
Finally some action!

Heh, I see that the forums have gotten stricter now.
I love this messageboard and all the changes it's going through now.

KoolK said:
Mystic got mad! Really mad!! But, we can say goodbye to dumb topics though!
I think this is more accurate:

<Shuffle> Change in ban structure? What'd I miss?
<Mystic> SRB2 Forum Apocalypse
<SRB2-Playah> Mystic went WW2 air bomber on the MB.
<SRB2-Playah> Like. Wiiiiioooooo... Boosh boosh ba-boosh koosh explody noises.

Since the MB is so strict now,.......*shivvers* I'm sorta scared.... :cry:

I gotta get outta here! JK

I'm a little surprised we locked the idiosyncracies topic (I liked that one, actually), but otherwise, I'm Shadow Hog, and I approve this message.

Or maybe it's "I'm Shadow Hog, and I'm reporting for duty"? Or "You just fell for the trap" (a la the Bushism, though without any particuar meaning in this case)? Eh, I dunno.

This is a good sign for things to come. Rules are broken because people choose not to read them, and acceptable punishments must be in order for such an event.

Newcomers to the forum, if you are reading this, it's not hard to go look at the rules and read them, honestly, it's not.

I think these rules are just what this place needed, ecspecially (Spelling?) since so many grammar illiterate members have joined.

Well, much as I really would like the majority of posts to be actually relevant, this was probably the only way this would actually work.
As they say, desperate times call for desperate measures. But not that I agrre with that most of the time.....

Wow, for a second I thought there was a massive hack or something on the MB, as I saw a multilude of topics locked that just looked as if they were randomly locked.

At least we can finally gain something of a structured, mature forum. Kudos goes to Mystic for racking up the courage to pull this off.

Cory the Hedgehog said:
Wait a minute, why did the Jak Combat topic get locked? It didn't break any rules, like some of the other locked topics. :x

My point entirely. *See post in general discussion.

Rules aren't the only factor in how forums are run. Common sense plays a major role. Just because a topic doesn't explicitly break rules doesn't mean it has to exist.

Dark Warrior, there is no common sense in that, though. He was just making a mod, minding his own business, when suddenly a big lock was slapped on his thread with no true explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back