How do you play your SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Singleplayer: I never played SRB2 in single player since 2.0 was released. If I do, I'm always Sonic and I always time attack.
Coop: Never played it.
Race: I don't remember playing race in this version.
Match: I only use the basic ring, due to my handicap, but, for some odd reason, the basic ring plus jamming thok equals me consistently winning.
CTF: I hate CTF. Whenever I do play this mode, I always play offense.
Tag: Never played it.
Hide and Seek: Never played it.

If you haven't noticed, I play SRB2 solely for match.

Since some people have mentioned it already, I play as Tails in all modes except Hide and Seek, where I switch from Tails to Knuckles when I find my spot.

Co-Op: I mostly seek out the level's Armageddon Shield and use it when I want to on my way to the end of the level. I sometimes go on a ring hunt as well. I usually do not hunt down the emeralds, since I'm a Tails user, but if I end up in the Special stages a few times, I help out the Sonic players.

Match/Team Match: I mostly seek out the Grenade and Scatter Rings, as they are my most used weapons. I also grab a shield before I start hunting. When I find someone, I jump up and down while I'm moving to make myself harder to hit, while shooting at the person. I only fly away if I do not want to fight at the moment (for instance I lose my shield). If I get hit without my shield, I recover as many of the lost weapons as I can, shoot the players around me, and fly out of there. Sometimes I stick around even if I get hit, though. I do not use the mouse, mostly cause I don't move the camera to try to hit my opponents.

Race: One word is all I need to say as to why I don't play Race: Thok.

Tag/Hide and Seek: Sometimes I go after an Elemental Shield, but otherwise I mostly stay in a relatively safe area, though I sometimes move around the arena a bit. Ironically, I actually fly more often if I know I am not being chased, as jumps throw the seekers off more often than flying. For Hide and Seek, I pretty much know the areas enough to find almost everyone. I do mostly climb on the walls as Knuckles, but sometimes I'm on the ground as well, but switch to Knuckles to confuse the people hitting the TAB button to see who everyone is playing as. I tend to F12 other people when nothing much is going on, but not in Tag when the IT players are moving, and I F12 the IT player in Hide and Seek.

CTF: From the modes I play the most, I am perhaps at my most difficult in this mode. What I do varies a bit, but I'm actually a tad more interested in emeralds than the flag. I am not selfish when it comes to deciding who gets to be super. In fact, I teamsay to ask who wants to become super if I do not have all seven emeralds. I am almost always seen with a shield, because I do not want to lose what I collected. I normally pick the Force Shield, but sometimes I use a different shield. In Nimbus Ruins, I almost always have a Whirlwind Shield, to help me navigate the area. As for the flag, I have adapted a new technique of mine where I toss the flag in a "safe" place while I look around my current area to see if the other flagholder is nearby. If nothing interesting happens, I go back and grab the flag. Sometimes I do this several times, and only a couple of times has someone grabbed the flag while I was doing this. As for when I don't have the flag, I am VERY persistent in invading the bases. If I get hit, I'll grab a couple of rings and continue running towards the flag. I also have a habit of grabbing the base's flag anyway even if I get hit, and I have zero rings. Sometimes I manage to spin dash out of there with the flag. When I have the flag and I know I am being chased, I jump up and down to decrease the chances of getting hit. I sometimes take alternate routes to shake off my pursuers as well.

I do not let the fact that I pick the slowest character take advantage of me. I WILL painfully pwn Sonic players if they let their guard down.

As for the flag, I have adapted a new technique of mine where I toss the flag in a "safe" place while I look around my current area to see if the other flagholder is nearby.

More people than you use that technique, skippy. Just thought I'd say so.

It isn't a very good strategy as there aren't many places to hide a flag. And, considering how valuable it would be, the other team would be looking in every corner to get it.

I prefer to play coop in the following way: Defeat all enemies in the first stage with the music played at slow pace, then in act 2, I play the music a a faster speed and try to keep running, but not racing. And I don´t do boss battles, they became annoying ever since 2.0 came out.

It isn't a very good strategy as there aren't many places to hide a flag. And, considering how valuable it would be, the other team would be looking in every corner to get it.

They never see the strat coming. It's called metagaming.

The only caveat is that you have to remember to pick it up every thirty seconds, or it returns to base. I can see it working on a larger CTF map with more nooks.

Yeah, it's more of a "get into a fight without taking the flag with you so if you get shot they don't automatically return it" kinda thing.

Match~ My favorite gametype. I chase after the opponent who has emeralds and I also chase after the opponent who has mostly every weapon ring; and, I also chase after the nearest person I see.

Coop~ Well, I just blast through the levels as quickly as possible. I hate getting the emeralds mostly because it's been done over and over, so I just finish without hesitation.

Race~ I like to thok-thok-thok mostly.

CTF~ I would mostly protect the flag carrier of my team and or just go after the opponent. Im a defender of the base but will go after the flag if things get out of hand.

Hide & Seek~ I don't change color too often so I just pick the best place I can pick with a Sonic or Tails. Mostly Tails because he is the shortest.

Tag~ Mostly flying or thok-spamming. Best thing about flying is that you become a hard target if you're strafing over to the sides and such.

Name: Shugo/Yurra
Character: Tails
Color: Silver/Lavender

Match~ One of my favorites. I try to stay alive and get as many emmies as possible. I skip over the lava and water maps, lava especially, because it is a hateful map. I try to hold a shield at all times.

Coop~ I'm very, very meh about coop, mainly because of how much noobishness occurs with character wads, emerald starts, and startrings. However, a decent serv can be really fun, and I eagerly await the port of Mystic Realm.

Race~ I hat race because of the massive, insurmountable imbalance against non-Sonic players. The only good races are on the NiGHTS stage, in my opinion.

CTF~ I snipe, keep up shields, and use Sayteam and F12 to coordinate teammates. I like to go after emeralds and go super, because Super Tails is win. On stages without emeralds, I do the above, but am a lot more aggressive.

Hide & Seek~ I like to find a decent space, with camofauge, that is as closed-off or inaccessible as possible. I then F12 the seeker and screencap when he ignores players that he should see. When seeking... I fail. Usually.

Tag~ I'm not a fan, because by the time you get to do much, you're probably already a/the loser. When I do tag, I usually play like HnS, swapping to knux once I find my spot.

Name: Blitz
Character: Tails
Color: Beige

hmm... rarely i play single player, i often enjoy netgames and i always play wads, or i test my maps.

Name: Scurge The Hedgehog / Sa-x
Character: Sonic
Color: Green (i dont like the green in srb2, why there isnt a lime-greem :(

Single player: pretty much my play time and testing mode.
Coop: Same as Single player but with other people.
Match: try and find a good spot to get people, if someone has all the emeralds and goes super, I run like I am being paid millions just to go a foot.
Race: haven't tried yet.
Hide and Seek: Try to find good hiding spaces, when it, I try to scare the crap out of people who are hiding and can't run. >:D
Tag: like HaS but with moving people.

Name: Insert_Name_Here/Jacy
Character: depends on gametype and enemy/friendly player skills
Color: Usually gold but i ma turn into a color that no one else is using to be very different from the rest.

Name: TimberWolf (or RED Pyro whenever someone named "Scout" joins, for the lulz)
Character: Tails for most. Knuckles for H&S if I hide on a wall (which is most of the time).
Colour: Red usually. Will change to camouflage in H&S (and Tag if I decide to hide instead of run). In CTF, I ALWAYS go Red Team. If I'm forced onto Blue Team, I'll try (usually unsuccessfully) to get the Host to let me switch to Red, yell at him if he doesn't, and leave.

If you REALLY want to know why I'm "Red or nothing" in CTF, just ask.

Why not?
Names: Spherallic/RailerSphere/BomberSphere
Character: Sonic
Colors:
Normal play: Cyan
Tag/Hide and Seek: Camouflage
For the lulz: Keeping right pressed at the color select screen. =P

Single Player
If I'm playing a new character wad, I'll usually scout around and gather up as many rings/extra life boxes as I can, because you never know when those few extra lives might come in handy with non-standard abilities. *cough Egg Rock Zone 2 and 3 cough*

I always watch where I go, as I have a bad habit of falling off cliffs by 1 inch.

Coop
I go searching for Emerald tokens.

Match
I'm pretty bad at Match, and I tend to avoid Match games if Coop isn't the only thing available otherwise. I can't aim for **** while moving, but I dodge pretty damn good (thank you Tag mode). Not only that but the speed of the other characters is far too fast for me to keep track of them well. Blame my not playing more than 3 FPSes in my life. When I do find myself having the ability to use anything other than the basic ring attack, I stick to either Grenades if I'm on the ropes, or Scatter when on the offensive. I rarely use Rail (if ever) and the Bounce and Bomb rings haven't seen any effective use from me since v1.09.4a.

For me, this game is best played in third-person view, I aim worth garbage in first person. But, third person aiming is only slightly easier for me so... yeah, I'm not horrid at Match, but Match is horrid at me.

Race
I've tried races, but all the Thok-abusing Sonics that can get around the course in half the time my Knux can make me seem suckish. I could probably use some practice in Race-themed maps, but my times are pretty damn good for a Knuckles player.

CTF
I mostly stand near a base and yoink ny emeralds for my team. Unless I'm on a team that has camo on that stage, in which I ninja my way around as Knuckles. I'm really bad at the mode unless I'm in a huge 5+-per-team game or so. Iabsolutely DESPISE Nimbus Ruins Zone. There's no cover and I can't even approach the flag without being sniped by a bounce ring of all things.

Hide and Seek
My favorite gametype. I try to hide in the most creative way possible, and as seeker, I hope for an easy game like Meadow Match. I really hate Meadow Match in HnS, and feel it should be skipped due to lack of hiding places.

TAG
I mostly do the same as HideNSeek, only I run away once you pass me and use a new spot.

MATCH:main(s):rail and standerd secondary:auto char:any one but sonic

COOP:i use tails,kunx,and SMS(wad)

RACE:i use kunx and SMS(wad)

H&S:any one

CTF: i just run around trying to defend or attack

TAG:never played

IN-game name:chaos kunx
char:kunx and SMS
cololer:aqua
server(s):chos kunx's server,chaos knux's circit,and chaos kunx's circit mt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back