[Open Assets] SRB2 - Community Build! - Full color Edition! (PNG)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if everyone is having that problem, but I could most definatly say that I am experiencing these problems when trying to use the homing attack charability.

The homing attack doesn't work in Community Build. I think they already said this before and I think I posted something about homing attacks on here like a couple of months ago.

What happens when you use it?
Also could the problem be with one of the exes you're using, are you using the PNG or the Win32 one?

When I use the homing attack, its the normal speed thok. But when I use it near an enemy or object that attracts the homing attack, my character stays in mid air frozen until the thok ends, then falls down. So basically my character is in the air still homing on the enemy (I know this because when the enemy moves, my character still faces it) but just doesn't actually hit the enemy.

I believe I am using the SRB2CBWin32a.zip version.

EDIT: I tried the PNG version, and it seems that the homing attack works. But there is one problem I am getting. Textures. It seems that all the wall graphics that used to work for my maps are pure white. I think this means they need to be PNG format instead of DooM format considering how the title of this version is "PNG".

That's because it was built specifically for png textures, that's another reason why when I played your splash hill zone the textures came up white.

Guys... kalaron isn't going to do ANYTHING else to/for this mod, commenting on this thread has become pointless, as everything possible has already been addressed on previous pages.

Guys... kalaron isn't going to do ANYTHING else to/for this mod, commenting on this thread has become pointless, as everything possible has already been addressed on previous pages.
I don't think any of us were asking if kalaron was going to do something, I just wanted to see if anyone else has problem with the homing attack.
Because I did not see many responses on this and I was wondering if it had something to do with the exe, which I know now.

Not sure if everyone is having that problem, but I could most definatly say that I am experiencing these problems when trying to use the homing attack charability.

Every character that can use a Horming Attack have this problem,like ShadowRe. the horming attack is glitched\broken.

Every character that can use a Horming Attack have this problem,like ShadowRe. the horming attack is glitched\broken.

This problem is now a "That depends" situation. It depends on which version of SRB2CB you are using. The PNG edition has the fixed Homing Attack.

When I use the homing attack, its the normal speed thok. But when I use it near an enemy or object that attracts the homing attack, my character stays in mid air frozen until the thok ends, then falls down. So basically my character is in the air still homing on the enemy (I know this because when the enemy moves, my character still faces it) but just doesn't actually hit the enemy.

I believe I am using the SRB2CBWin32a.zip version.

EDIT: I tried the PNG version, and it seems that the homing attack works. But there is one problem I am getting. Textures. It seems that all the wall graphics that used to work for my maps are pure white. I think this means they need to be PNG format instead of DooM format considering how the title of this version is "PNG".

That's because it was built specifically for png textures, that's another reason why when I played your splash hill zone the textures came up white.

So basically, we either have a broken homing attack, or a texture-less game... Well shoot, no one wins in this situation

So basically, we either have a broken homing attack, or a texture-less game... Well shoot, no one wins in this situation

Not exactly. The PNG edition only accepts PNG file type, meaning that the error for my Splash Hill could be fixed if all the textures file format is changed to png.

So, if you do want textures in the PNG edition, download the png thingy mentioned in the original post. Then you would have a working homing attack, and textures.

Monster Iestyn isn't saying anything particularly negative about the mod, he is saying that the main reason to use this mod is the openGL features. It doesn't add anything to software, so in that sense you are going to miss the features in software mode. I thought this mod wouldn't even let you boot it up in software?

I think one reason why exe mods (especially the multilayer ones) aren't too popular is that most people use the srb2.exe to search for netgames instead of the master server website. If there was something like a doomseeker for SRB2 bundled in with the game, it might change that. *shrug*

tdfxuj4.png

Umm...Why is this happening?

Happens to me too.
Try to redownload the lastest version of srb2cb.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back