[Open Assets] SRB2 - Community Build! - Full color Edition! (PNG)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kalaron what are these suppose to do:
  • 780 - Aligns only the players X axis
  • 781 - Aligns only the players Y axis
  • 782 - Aligns only the players Z axis
  • 783 - Aligns the players X and Y axis
  • 784 - Aligns the players X and Y and Z axis
  • 785 - Aligns the players Z and X axis
  • 786 - Aligns the players Z and Y axis

To avoid people wasting their time trying to ask or talk with Kalaron about SRB2CB, over and over and over again, let me clarify a thing:

*Kalaron quit SRB2CB development almost 1 year ago.*

Developer Last Online: May 2012

His last post and the context just to make sure:

Yup, the slope system definitely has a few quirks in it, I may fix it if I have the time and patience. Haven't touched SRB2 code in months, it's a very scary thing *shudders* Luckily I think my coding ability improved enough so I can actually code now :P

So yeah, let's optimize/fix/modernize/update this thing!

...what else needs fixing again?
If you can, start with the netcode.
yes, go ahead and tear the entire netcode out including the console (which is deeply entangled with it) and start all over. that'll fix it good.
Erm, nevermind about fixing stuff, I just found something brand new for a hobby, sorry about that.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Bye.

Last edited:
Well thanks for telling me, better to know now. (I feel stupid just finding this out)
Nah, you don't need to feel stupid. It's not your fault. The problem is that....... spending 5 minutes to clarify things doesn't hurt. ^^'

Last edited:
  • 780 - Aligns only the players X axis
  • 781 - Aligns only the players Y axis
  • 782 - Aligns only the players Z axis
  • 783 - Aligns the players X and Y axis
  • 784 - Aligns the players X and Y and Z axis
  • 785 - Aligns the players Z and X axis
  • 786 - Aligns the players Z and Y axis

It helps align the player when the player is switching to 2D mode from 3d from a sector effect.

With how beneficial a lot of these features are, I'm quite surprised the core SRB2 doesn't take advantage of them, especially the slopes system. I will say there is a sort of charm with the 256-color palette used in the core game, but as for everything else, they have so much potential.

You're missing the explicit point that nearly none of these visual quirks and features are possible in software mode, the main (and majority preferred) rendering type used for the vanilla game.

Razgriz said:
ok,my second post. i hope i dont take a.....infraction (im not english,i repeat! and not flame me for this.)
but.. where i can found the "Mult-character MD2's" ? im interested.(i need for multiplayer)
please,dont flame me for my bad grammar,im studying for this!
and so on...
(damn,my grammar is really ugly)

Let's try to fix this....
EDIT: 6-10-2013:
1) I've fixed the Md2,now they working,is easy,once you understand. I must admit
2) i've also downloaded the Srb2cbDOTsomething fix,so i don't have to ask why the special stage look so screwed.
3) Main Question (even if i've fixed it,i must ask....):
Where i can found some Md2? i'm really interested (it's that a word?) for the multiplayer (my multiplayer at the time mean: play with plenty bots and pretend to play online. what pathetic.)

But i've already fixed everything (exept for AmyRose ans Sally md2)

Thanks for the release.
-Razgriz.

Last edited:
Whenever I launch Srb2cb, it always opens up the loading window, but its all black. Then it stays there. I hear the sound, but no image comes up.

It sounds like the window just loses focus. Have multiple monitors enabled by accident? Tried running in windowed mode?

I tried both window and full screen. Software mode runs perfectly. I tried opengl mode in regular srb2 and runs perfectly too. No, I have only one monitor enabled. Maybe windows 8 just doesn't like me. D:

Just for the sake of asking, is everyone having a problem with the homing attack?
People keep stating that's it's broken but it seems to work fine for me, whether it's done by console (charability) or in character wad lump (SKIN/SKIN2), it doesn't have any glitches except the ones found in 2.0.6.

Last edited:
Just for the sake of asking, is everyone having a problem with the homing attack?
People keep stating that's it's broken but it seems to work fine for me, whether it's done by console (charability) or in character wad lump (SKIN/SKIN2), it does have any glitches except the ones found in 2.0.6.

Not sure if everyone is having that problem, but I could most definatly say that I am experiencing these problems when trying to use the homing attack charability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back