[Open Assets] SRB2 - Community Build! - Full color Edition! (PNG)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that I noticed is that it says above that the entry in MD2.dat for the player has to have the same name as the character, but here the entry is just called "PLAY".

the MD2 folder should be in your ~/.srb2

I made a copy of the MD2 directory in ~/.srb2, and it still doesn't work. Do I need to copy MD2.dat, too? Should it be inside the MD2 directory?

And is it necessary to run the "GR_MD2 ON" command?

I made a copy of the MD2 directory in ~/.srb2, and it still doesn't work. Do I need to copy MD2.dat, too? Should it be inside the MD2 directory?

And is it necessary to run the "GR_MD2 ON" command?

it looks like the MD2 code looks in the current working directory for the MD2 files. so, if yo want it look under $HOME/.srb2, you need to CD into it first...

it looks like the MD2 code looks in the current working directory for the MD2 files. so, if yo want it look under $HOME/.srb2, you need to CD into it first...

I went into ~/.srb2 and ~/.srb/MD2, none worked.

• Does MD2.dat have to be in in the MD2 directory, in the directory that contains the MD2 directory, or somewhere else?
  • Does the current directory have to be the MD2 directory, the directory containing the MD2 directory, or the directory that contains MD2.dat?
  • Do I need to run the "GR_MD2 ON" command in the console every time? Does it matter whether I run it in the title screen or while playing a level?
  • Is the fact that the model for Sonic is called "PLAY" part of the issue?

Yes, if your using SRB2cb, then your model needs to be named to whatever skin you wish to replace. For a quick md2 setup, try my link below.

Yes, if your using SRB2cb, then your model needs to be named to whatever skin you wish to replace.

I'll try that once someone says where all the files should go. So I should replace this line:

Code:
PLAY PLAY.MD2 3.0 0.0

, with this:

Code:
SONIC PLAY.MD2 3.0 0.0

, right?

For a quick md2 setup, try my link below.

That's what I'm using now. But the installers that come with it are for Windows (Linux can't run Windows .exe files, and it stores things in very different places), so I have to do it manually.

I went into ~/.srb2 and ~/.srb/MD2, none worked.

• Does MD2.dat have to be in in the MD2 directory, in the directory that contains the MD2 directory, or somewhere else?
  • Does the current directory have to be the MD2 directory, the directory containing the MD2 directory, or the directory that contains MD2.dat?
  • Do I need to run the "GR_MD2 ON" command in the console every time? Does it matter whether I run it in the title screen or while playing a level?
  • Is the fact that the model for Sonic is called "PLAY" part of the issue?

the MD2 system looks for "md2.dat", not "MD2.dat" file in the current working directory, and the MD2 models and textures in "md2/", not "MD2/"

and yes, I think you have to switch on MD2 every time with "gr_md2 on" command

the MD2 system looks for "md2.dat", not "MD2.dat" file in the current working directory, and the MD2 models and textures in "md2/", not "MD2/"

Where does the "md2" directory have to be, then?

I assumed it has to be uppercase because that's how it was when I downloaded it. And I see that the case of all the filenames are all very inconsistent. I'll just rename everything to be lowercase.

But if it's wrong, then why was it named like that in the first place? Maybe it's because Windows isn't case-sensitive.

and yes, I think you have to switch on MD2 every time with "gr_md2 on" command

OK.

I see that it works when I mode md2.dat and the md2 directory into ~/.srb2, and lannch SRB2CB from within ~/.srb2. It doesn't seem to work any other way. So this is basically what I did:

1. Extract the zip file
  2. Make all extracted filenames lower case
  3. Convert all letters in md2.dat to lowercase
  4. Change the "play" entry in md2.dat to "sonic"
  5. Move md2 and md2.dat into ~/.srb2

But there's another problem: It seems to all work fine, except when I touch a ring, it prints this error message and quits:

Code:
Error: W_GetNumForName: corona not found!

I don't know what to tell you about the ring error, but you won't have to type "gr_md2 on" everytime you start SRB2 if you put it in your autoexec.cfg. Then they would be active everytime you start SRB2. (in OpenGL, and assuming you can properly use an autoexec.cfg on Linux.)

I found out that it still works even if you don't enter the "gr_md2 on" command, and SRB2CB doesn't need to be launched from the directory that contains md2.dat.

I believe that is because SRB2CB saves that toggle, in fact I'm sure of it. As for the directory stuff, could it be because your launching a shortcut? (or whatever it is in Linux.)

The bots Crash the game with 2 or more and then you have 2 other people in the serv.
it freezes...
Then CRASH!
Can you fix that and update it?

People, read the previous pages, you WILL find your answers. And you should always look before you ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back