Little bug in CEZ2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xkower8181

I found a bug with chain in Castle Eggman Zone Act 2
Gif which show what happened:
VIKLIGM.gif

It is expected or it just a simple bug of engine?

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like a slime trail, redrawing the sector should fix it without problem...

redrawing the sector should fix it

Not necessarily. There's no way to know how the nodes are going to be built before they are, and it's also kinda difficult to manipulate how they're built without completely changing the architecture (and even then, the results will be pseudo-random). Plus SRB2's levels are huge, which causes everything to be unreliable anyway (see AGZ), etc, etc...

But i think it's gonna be fixed ^_^

Sorry man, but you're out of luck here. I'll do a little explaining: the Doom rendering engine is NOT a true 3D engine; rather, it is a really well executed 2.5D system. Things that modern graphics hardware does by default, like clipping (hiding) objects far away behind objects closer, are not actually part of the engine—rather, it relies on a "structural map" (the nodes) that tells how everything is connected together to sort things into the right drawing order. But sometimes, the process behind creating the nodes can get a little confused, causing the renderer to missort objects—and subsequently occasionally drawing things farther away on top of things nearby. This is precisely what happened here, and it is a bug as old as Doom itself that is probably never going away.

Last edited:
Mhm. Similarly, if this sort of thing happens anywhere else, don't bother reporting it because it's probably an artifact of the same cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back