• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

It's time for toaster's titanic technological triumphs (slow internet warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two frames? Why not three?

tHafFWK.gif

You're welcome~

<Scootaloo> the issue with bouncy is I don't wanna deal with syncing the overlay with the cart
<Scootaloo> and I wanted the animation to speed up the faster the minecart went :[

Thanks though!

Glad I sparked an effort to animate the cart, but the cart's tiny wheel bolts are still... still. Like, have it animated so that the wheel bolts turn with each frame. Hopefully I won't be all details after that so I can praise the future SRB2's mine carts

Would the wheel bolts turn? I was under the impression that the bolts don't move while the wheels themselves rotate around an axle. If I'm wrong about that, then woops.

This is the best I found of animated wheels that are at least somewhat similar:

untitled2.gif

I understand it's a different type of wheel, but I reckon all wheels I've seen (or remember) have bolts turn as the entire thing turns. So yeah, they would turn, and maybe apologies for asking a lot?

Animation looks fine to me. The bolt is a circle with no detail so I don't know how it'd turn without looking strange. Its physically too small to worry about really.

For clarification, I mean this:

rLd0FOd.gif

I'd prefer it if those darkest pixels (the bolts) in the wheel orbit the center of the light grey part of the wheel as it's rotating. It just looks strange to me that it doesn't do that already. Sorry if I didn't clarify it the first time.

Last edited:
Ah, I see what you mean.

Those weren't intended as bolts, but now that you've said that I can't stop thinking of them as that! So I'll fix 'em soon, since I've literally just woken up.

Why are the brighter colors in the wheel spinning? It's just refracted light, the most it should do is shimmer a bit.

It seems like a waste of frames actually. At most the minecart just needs 2 frames of the highlight flickering as said above, this was done in plenty of SNES games and can work here fine.
ibkYfj6uMrs1Yo.gif

Last edited:
Don't ask me. I have no strong opinion on the wheel animation, and didn't even think about one in the first place. Wheels are boring.

Also Ice, the wheel on the left is seriously wobbly. What even happened to that minecart? Did it hit a rock or something? (neat animation, but i'm getting suggestion whiplash with all of these ideas people are trying to give me. THE MINECART'S BETTER THAN 98% OF MY OTHER SPRITEWORK LET ME WORK ON FLIPSIDE FRENZY NOW)

Doing that would cause every character to need a flowing animation just for the sake of the minecart, which is just unnecessary.

But yeah, other than the wobbly wheel, I suggest you go with Iceman404's animation, given it has a better idea of how brightening on wheels would work, and also for the fact it makes better use of just two frames.

You can also look in various directions while riding it, including backwards, so the wind wouldn't always be pushing against his face anyways.

I can't use Iceman's animation. Looking closely at it, he thought the wheels were rotationally symmetrical when they aren't, and now every single wheel wobbles. (i love you no matter what tho ice <3)

0ZNHemJ.gif

I think this is as final as it's gonna get unless the devs themselves make some suggestions, since I kind of have other things I want to be working on now. :V

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back