SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Help

Old 04-07-2013   #1
Terra
Needy child

Default Level Has No Nodes?

I'm trying to test a level that I made, but SRB2 says it has no nodes, but I don't know how to put in nodes. I need some help.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013   #2
–eltaResero
A.K.A DeltaLink

It could be a few things but the easiest to check for is if there's more than one sector. Does your level have more than one sector? If not, add a second sector, then try it. If this doesn't work or is not the issue, then you might want to take another look over the Doom Builder NodeBuilder configuration and make sure the paths are accurate.
Old 04-07-2013   #3
Terra
Needy child

Thanks, but now I need help on getting the egg trap to appear after I beat Robotnik so that I can finish the level.
Old 04-07-2013   #4
That2rb2DUDE
Pro Splatoon 2 Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic fan2000 View Post
Thanks, but now I need help on getting the egg trap to appear after I beat Robotnik so that I can finish the level.
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Egg_Capsule_Tutorial

Twitter: @ThatSrb2DUDE
That2rb2DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013   #5
Terra
Needy child

Now with the capsule stuff done, it says one of my FoFs with a tag of 3 have a top height less than the bottom.
Old 04-07-2013   #6
TSDude
Lack of tea

Quote:
Now with the capsule stuff done, it says one of my FoFs with a tag of 3 have a top height less than the bottom.
Make that fof have a top height that is higher than the bottom height.
Old 04-07-2013   #7
Terra
Needy child

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSDude View Post
Make that fof have a top height that is higher than the bottom height.
But, the thing is that I think it might mess up if i do that...
I also don't know how to change the top height...
Old 04-08-2013   #8
–eltaResero
A.K.A DeltaLink

TSDude means that you should be changing the height of the control sector with the tag of 3 (not the one within the thok barrier). From what I can tell, the error is relating to that the control sector having a ceiling height that's lower than the floor height of that same control sector.
Old 04-08-2013   #9
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

That makes no sense at all. I've made sectors with a floor height greater than ceiling height many times and had no issues.

It's more likely that his map is simply not being nodesbuilt or is horribly corrupt.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #10
TSDude
Lack of tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
That makes no sense at all. I've made sectors with a floor height greater than ceiling height many times and had no issues.

It's more likely that his map is simply not being nodesbuilt or is horribly corrupt.
How did you manage to make the floor height be higher than the ceiling height in a sector, because I got the same error as sonicfan2000 when I did this for a special stage parameter sector.
Old 04-08-2013   #11
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
You can do that with regular sectors, but not with FOFs. It will crash the game.
MascaraSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #12
TSDude
Lack of tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher
You can do that with regular sectors, but not with FOFs. It will crash the game.
I knew it.
Old 04-08-2013   #13
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
What error message does it provide, though? If it's spitting out "Level Has No Nodes", then clearly something is wrong with the error reporting.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #14
TSDude
Lack of tea

Ok, it's obvious that Sonicfan2000 has more than 1 sector because he says
Quote:
Now with the capsule stuff done
which proves that he has more than one. So I'm guessing that there might be another fault in his level, probably the sector might have a copy with the same problem and he might not know.
Old 04-08-2013   #15
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
What error message does it provide, though? If it's spitting out "Level Has No Nodes", then clearly something is wrong with the error reporting.
He already fixed the "Level has no nodes" error, he's now getting a "top height less than bottom" error.
MascaraSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #16
Terra
Needy child

Guys, I fixed it, except the level just ends after you beat the boss instead of the capsule coming, but I'm fine with that, an admin can lock this topic now.
Old 04-08-2013   #17
MrDonoB

Quote:
Guys, I fixed it, except the level just ends after you beat the boss instead of the capsule coming, but I'm fine with that, an admin can lock this topic now.
Although, Just as a tip, For it to not end after he is beaten, Make sure the ambush flag isn't checked.
MrDonoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #18
Terra
Needy child

Guys, I'm having a problem with making a 2D map, I need to know how to delete the walls around it without breaking the sector, a bit like the Splash Hill Zone wad that somebody made. I didn't want to make a new topic because I think people are getting annoyed from my constant Doom Builder problem topics.
Old 04-08-2013   #19
Larztard

Quote:
Guys, I'm having a problem with making a 2D map, I need to know how to delete the walls around it without breaking the sector, a bit like the Splash Hill Zone wad that somebody made. I didn't want to make a new topic because I think people are getting annoyed from my constant Doom Builder problem topics.
From my experience from making 2D levels, I just put the sector that the player will walk around into another sector which will provide the 3D scenery. There might be other ways to do this but that's how I do it. I hope I am answering your question.
Old 04-09-2013   #20
Terra
Needy child

Quote:
Originally Posted by larztard View Post
From my experience from making 2D levels, I just put the sector that the player will walk around into another sector which will provide the 3D scenery. There might be other ways to do this but that's how I do it. I hope I am answering your question.
Thanks, but I also need help actually getting the level to start in 2D mode.
I also need help in getting Sonic to spawn on the sector for him to walk on instead of spawning in the water on the sector around it and immediately dying. Please help!

Last edited by Terra; 04-09-2013 at 01:15 AM.