My problo-matic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelosTurntable

How the turns have tel- tab-
before I get moderated for cheating out the system, I will have you know that I mean no harm. now, to get back on topic, I am in progress of creating a character wad (its like... 5% done), but when ever I add it to srb2, I get the error: R_AddSingleSprite: sprite philA1 frame 0 is missing rotations. any methods of helping me? the wad is

http://www.4shared.com/file/3kzZTqfA/Phil_the_hegi.html

I don't remember of my 4shared account, I'll try to explain what the error means without trying your wad :
"R_AddSingleSprite" doesn't help, so let's forget it.
Everything is located in "sprite philA1 frame 0 is missing rotations"
This means that you must have a sprite called PHILA1 in your wad. Sprites have actually a structure of sprite name :
NAMEXY
NAME is the name of your sprite (Must have 4 letters). X is the frame of the NAME sprite. Y is the angle of the sprite. A frame is like, a "moment" of the NAME sprite. "Frame 0 is missing rotations" means that the frame 0 (It's the frame A. Have a look at this to understand) misses its rotations, which means its angles of view.
Let's say you create an actor with this sprite and you spawn it in game. Then you stop time, and move around the sprite with your player. Some angles aren't defined, so the engine doesn't know what to display ==> so it crashes.

Two things that it's possible do :
Rename the sprite so the sprite will display disregarding the angle of the player toward the actor. Set Y to 0, meaning that angles 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 will display the same sprite.

Since you're making a character, you...well, must do that :
Set Y to 1, then make another sprite when the character is displayed at 45 and -45° (this sprite should be called PHILA2A8), then 90° and -90° (PHILA3A7), and 125° and -125° (PHILA4A6).

Too long, didn't read : you must create sprites for the different angles of your character, that's all.

Last edited:
I don't remember of my 4shared account, I'll try to explain what the error means without trying your wad :
"R_AddSingleSprite" doesn't help, so let's forget it.
Everything is located in "sprite philA1 frame 0 is missing rotations"
This means that you must have a sprite called PHILA1 in your wad. Sprites have actually a structure of sprite name :
NAMEXY
NAME is the name of your sprite (Must have 4 letters). X is the frame of the NAME sprite. Y is the angle of the sprite. A frame is like, a "moment" of the NAME sprite. "Frame 0 is missing rotations" means that the frame 0 (It's the frame A. Have a look at this to understand) misses its rotations, which means its angles of view.
Let's say you create an actor with this sprite and you spawn it in game. Then you stop time, and move around the sprite with your player. Some angles aren't defined, so the engine doesn't know what to display ==> so it crashes.

Two things that it's possible do :
Rename the sprite so the sprite will display disregarding the angle of the player toward the actor. Set Y to 0, meaning that angles 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 will display the same sprite.

Since you're making a character, you...well, must do that :
Set Y to 1, then make another sprite when the character is displayed at 45 and -45° (this sprite should be called PHILA2A8), then 90° and -90° (PHILA3A7), and 125° and -125° (PHILA4A6).

Too long, didn't read : you must create sprites for the different angles of your character, that's all.

nope. not the problem. I`ve got all of the rotations including A1-A5 (its using the abriged system) I need someone to check the wad itself, and tell me whats wrong with it from that. it worked fine once. any help?

Then I think it may be something about lower/higher caps, I think this detail already solved a character problem I had a long time ago.
But I can't exactly remember what to do. I think it was about turning the frame letter in lower or higher cap.

now I have no idea what the problem could be... mabye i`ll just open up sonic.plr and make a new on and put all the sprites in it (in a copy of sonic.plr, being careful not to break srb2)

Last edited:
now I have no idea what the problem could be... mabye i`ll just open up sonic.plr and make a new on and put all the sprites in it (in a copy of sonic.plr, being careful not to break srb2)
Show us a pic of the wadfile (as in inside like the details and stuff).
Maybe then I could know what's wrong.

I don't think anyone is willing to make a 4shared account to download your WAD, so you should upload it somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back