• Hell yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
HSEW said:
You don't really see as many Tails users as you see sonic and knuckles users in netgames. In fact, I've probably only seen 3 or 4 tails users in about 2 month's worth of netgaming. There are far too many sonic users out there, and knuckles users appear occasionally. The REAL problem is the fact that sonic is too powerful.

Sonic isn't overpowered, Tails is underpowered. :|

Mus be why I use him like I use Yoshi in Smash Bro.s, Considered weak but is my best charactor.

Actually, Yoshi is an INCREDIBLY powerful character in SSB:M, you just need to know how to use him.

glaber said:
Mus be why I use him like I use Yoshi in Smash Bro.s, Considered weak but is my best charactor.

People only think that because the Yoshis are so easy to defeat in 1P Adventure. Some people have been able to beat the last event challenges of SSBM as Yoshi with relative ease. And he also seems to be the best character for Home Run Contest and Cruel Melee, for he doesn't get knocked as far. [/fanboy]

Shuffle said:
Actually, Yoshi is an INCREDIBLY powerful character in SSB:M, you just need to know how to use him.

I guess I do know how to use him then, but that's not the topic. *Drags out a dusty object* Now don't make me hit this as it's really loud. (Back On Topic Gong of SFGHQ)

Thread wins for having a "don't care" option. It doesn't really apply to me that much, so I don't really have any issues about it. I would like to see his full running animations more, however, as those feel a bit left out.

But that doesn't eliminate most of the problem. What about Race stages? Tails is ridiculously underpowered in those.

Are you kidding? Combining Tails' "spin-fly" as I call it, and some smart maneuvering, he can actually be quite good in select race courses (I'm not suggesting you go off and solely race as him, however). Knuckles, actually, has less of an advantage here than Tails does. The only way for any knuckles player to pull off a win in race, is by using shortcuts or quite the elaborate tactics, as knuckles cannot thok or spin-fly.

HSEW said:
You don't really see as many Tails users as you see sonic and knuckles users in netgames. In fact, I've probably only seen 3 or 4 tails users in about 2 month's worth of netgaming. There are far too many sonic users out there, and knuckles users appear occasionally. The REAL problem is the fact that sonic is too powerful.

I personally don't see much of a problem with Sonic here. He once did have a problem, but that has been long forgotten about (see: multithok).

How in the world did you manage to classify Sonic and Knuckles netgames into one pile? I only know of two major sole knuckles players in the entire community, them being SRB2-Playah and myself. On the subject of Tails' players, there are more than enough needed to have the issue of his speed be worthwhile.

Dash the Hedgehog said:
he tends to go too far if he thoks.

You kidding? If you actually concentrate on where you're headed, there is no real hassle with the thok. Even I can use it at a sub-par level, and I use Sonic on a once-a-year basis.

Really, guys, if Tails' speed is that much of a problem, why hasn't it been brought up before? I see no problem where it is right now, if I actually cared about it.
Bet you would never see me using apostrophes, eh Peno.

Spazzo said:
Really, guys, if Tails' speed is that much of a problem, why hasn't it been brought up before? I see no problem where it is right now, if I actually cared about it.
Actually, it has been brought up. On a monthly basis. For the past several years. AJ even _did_ speed him up once, if I recall (not that I think anyone really noticed because of how minor it is)

It's not up there with adding slopes, but it's pretty damn close.

The Yellow Blue Dude said:
BlueZero4 said:
HSEW said:
In fact, I've probably only seen 3 or 4 tails users in about 2 month's worth of netgaming.
My first netgame in a month or two, I was playing CTF, and it was this other guy and me against two Tails users. We whipped 'em 5 to nothin'. Not to mention we were Sonic and Knuckles users.

I would have thought tails teamwork could have won that... or did the not use teamwork?
Teamwork does not work in SRB2.

Ritz said:
Actually, I've done it semi-successfully, and it's hard to use teamwork without voice chat. I'd assume if someone actually organized a CTF team you could do very well.

Mystic said:
Ritz said:
Actually, I've done it semi-successfully, and it's hard to use teamwork without voice chat. I'd assume if someone actually organized a CTF team you could do very well.

When theres a will, theres a way. Teamwork works anywhere and everywhere!

I agree, teamwork can help you take major victories in CTF.
Example: flying teammates over to home base safely, counterattacking airborne enemies effectively.
Even with those positives in CTF, his speed needs to be upped.

The only sort of semi-functional teamwork I've ever seen in any netgame ever is having a Tails player fly a Sonic player up to the rafters in Silver Cascade zone, which isn't that much of an advantageous spot to be in, anyway.

I do like how Knuckles can carry characters up walls to a certain degree, but you need to turn Tailspickup off for that to work, which is a bit of a poor tradeoff.

Voice chat wouldn't help anyways.
"Red Sonic, get the flag!"
"..WE'RE ALL RED"

Yeah, but it doesn't do you a bit of good if you can't see the names above the players. There would be 5 red Sonics next to you. How are you going to say 'Hey, I'm gonna throw the flag to you."?

Shuffle said:
Yeah, but it doesn't do you a bit of good if you can't see the names above the players. There would be 5 red Sonics next to you. How are you going to say 'Hey, I'm gonna throw the flag to you."?
Oh I see. *misses flag and it falls off cloud palace*

I do believe Tails should be sped up. Heck, my username is named after him, but now I'm just "Magma" on netgames because he's underpowered and I don't use him as much except in co-op. I do like his flying+shooting in Match, and it's a helpful evading tactic in VERTICAL maps, but horizontal...Tails = Dead. Unless you spin-fly.
And actually, in races, you don't need to thok to win if you're good. I really don't need to...but I still play as Sonic. Pfft. If somebody wins a race as Tails w/o the use of spin-flying, I congradulate them.

I really don't care about it. I always play as Sonic, and in fact in multiplayer games I set the color to green (those who know me know that my character is a green hedgehog).

Yet, Tails should be able to be fast enough to show his running animation alone :P I agree with that.

I didn't read all this, but you could just make an upgraded tails with SOC or something, couln't you?

By the way, are all mods and upgrades on the main site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back