GFZ2 Disappearing Sectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sryder

'That brit'
Kart Krew™️
These sectors to the right of the screenshot disappear when at certain places at some angles. Happens in both renderers.

Attachments

• GFZ2MissingWall.png
    GFZ2MissingWall.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 310
This is a bug with the way the map was built by the nodebuilder, not with the way SRB2 handles the level data. This is Doom--big, open levels were never supposed to exist, and when they do, the format sometimes yells about it!

I highly doubt there's anything that can be done about this issue as, like I said, it's not a problem with SRB2's level handling. (This actually happens on a lot of levels--most of the time it's just not as noticable/is out of the way.)

Seems to be a rounding error of sorts. The nodesbuilder evidently thought you didn't have a line of sight to that wall from where you're standing.

If I had to take an educated guess, I'd say you set your drawdistance really low. Such an issue hasn't happened to me in GFZ2. I have, however, screwed around with drawdist to the point where sprites would only render at point-blank, so I imagine the issue is related.

Draw distance doesn't affect anything but mobjs. This is a nodesbuilding error which can be reproduced if you stand in the right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back