Rule #12 = No custom music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoniKlos

*Insert whacky title here*
Rule #12 says no music replacement is allowed. What does that mean, I'm quite confused? Does it mean we cannot make our own music and submit it? D:

It means you can't make a wad that replaces the music of srb2 because it's never good enough. If you include music in a wad that has more than just music in it though I'm sure they'll be ok with it.

Ahh. I see now. So if you add to an empty slot, it's fine, right?
Just to let you know, I'm over my mode of stupidity, I just had a REAL bad day the other day and I'm... kinda sensitive about my self-esteem.

Oh, What about a very LARGE mod the size (or bigger) of... Torturedplanet for example. Could you then replace music? Or would you need to have and even bigger mod like XSRB2 for that to be legal?
Thanks for caring -w-

*ahem*

The point of that rule is solely to stop people from submitting wads that have just a bunch of custom music and nothing more. So long as you have a level... or character... or anything really to go along with it, it doesn't matter.

And yes, you can replace SRB2's own music. Just watch out, some people might yell at you for replacing such-and-such tune because they liked it. =P

Oh, I just wasn't aware of the limitations to the rule. Thank you.
I could never replace Arid Canyon Zone Act 1, It's my favorite. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back