SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Help

Old 05-25-2008   #1
Sky Ninja

Default Master Server Question

Has it shutdown or moved? I haven't seen anything about it, but when I go, it goes to the webpage cannot be displayed page. Is it still at http://srb2.servegame.org?
Sky Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008   #2
Sniperific

It normally says that when the servers down (or is it my crappy computer)
Sniperific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008   #3
Sky Ninja

When the Master Server is just down, it says it's not hosting now, but this is like it was completely deleted.
Old 05-26-2008   #4
Kopper
Does not use Sonic.

Methinks it's being renovated.
Kopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #5
Sky Ninja

Well, I was told it moved to a sub-site of srb2.org, but I'm not sure because I can't find it.
EDIT: Wait, I think I found it. It's not running from there. http://ms.srb2.org . Is this it?
Old 05-26-2008   #6
Shiruba

The master server was down about 2 weeks ago and now it's down again? Wow the master server seems weak. Anyway the master server will probably be down for a couple days or even a few weeks.

SRB2 SHIRUBA EDITION PROGRESS: 10% (cancel due to computer crash D:)

No, my avatar isn't a fancharacter.
Shiruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #7
Sky Ninja

Is that the current ms though? Was there ever an announcement about it changing?
Old 05-26-2008   #8
Shiruba

Not that I recall...if there was I see it. But I suspect that it is the current master server. I woner if they have a backup master server incase the master server is down...if they don't then that's a suggestion for the admins.

Old 05-27-2008   #9
Sky Ninja

Wait. You say it was recently out, as in srb2.servegame.org was out. So, are you getting the normal "Master Server is not running" page, or are you getting "Error 404: Webpage cannot be found"?
Old 05-27-2008   #10
Shiruba

No...I mean there's a timeout on the master server and it's down. I haven't visited that page yet but I'm going to check it out. I'm pretty sure that the master server is having some problems though, ALOT of problems.

Old 05-27-2008   #11
Orangelink

How many times must this be said? The MS is being moved and renovated, not having problems. Usually, it never goes down.(Except, maybe, on the holidays) Although, there is the possibility they're having problems when they try to move/test it...
Orangelink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #12
Shiruba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangelink
Hiw many times must this be said? The MS is being moved and renovated, not having problems. Usually, it never goes down.(Except, maybe, on the holidays) Although, there is the possibility they're having problems when they try to move/test it...
Thanks for clearing that up. Anyway they probably are having some problems moving it or testing it. I'm sick of all these master server timouts too, you hardly get to play netgames anymore. There was a timeout about 2 weeks ago too.

Old 05-27-2008   #13
Rukario
Metal Gear Mass-Murderer

It's been moved to http://ms.srb2.org/. Even Netgames from the SRB2MSLauncher2 (when the MS is up) are redirected to that, so even if it says servegame.org, it'll be redirected to ms.srb2.
Old 05-29-2008   #14
LoganA
Administrator

The web site for the masterserver has been moved to http://ms.srb2.org/ (yea, I know the srb2.org domain is down) but the masterserver itself is still at srb2.servegame.org:28900. The reason why the server at srb2.servegame.org keeps going up and down is because I've changed from a set of wireless links between the floors in my house, to single Ethernet link and setting it as a 802.1q trucking line to keep the networks separated. However, this was my first time doing this, and I had left my internal networks in a mess till last night. Now just to fix the 2nd floor wireless AP for my DSes.

3DS FC 2707-1608-5037
LoganA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #15
Sky Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganA
the masterserver itself is still at srb2.servegame.org:28900.
But when I go there, it doesn't do anything. It gives a 404 error. Shouldn't it immediately re-direct to ms.srb2.org?
Old 06-20-2008   #16
Kite

Well, we will just have to wait for it.Tho, why is (the master server is online bar) say online when its not?
Old 06-20-2008   #17
Karuno

The Master Server is online. It may just be that we can't connect to it, or Logan's computer has a problem.
Karuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008   #18
Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karuno
The Master Server is online. It may just be that we can't connect to it, or Logan's computer has a problem.
Maybe so forth, we can still do what mystic told us to do.But I dont think that will work...