I had a dream last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I dreamed that I cut a large circular chunk through the center of my chest cavity just because everyone else was doing it. >_>
Quite obviously your mind trying to tell you that you follow the crowd too much, and should try and start your own thing.
Or that he is destined to become a Hollow when he dies. Ice, try and become an Arrancar as fast as possible so you regain your ability to reason.

One really frustrating thing that happens sometimes when I dream: I see an utterly AWESOME video game level, and sometimes when I wake up, I realize "Hey, I could make that with the level editors for various games I have...or, at least, I could if I remembered the dream vividly enough to actually construct it."
Yeah, same here, but for me, I just get those ideas in bed, before sleeping, like "Hey, that would be a pretty awesome idea!"

Whenever I dream, each of these 4 things occur.

1.) Forget them completely when I wake up. (Happens often.)

2.) Wake up during a dream that I slightly remember bits of it, then falling back asleep moments later to have it pick up where it left off. (Happens days I don't feel like waking up, but that's often. Most of the time, it becomes a new dream.)

3.) Having dreams that involve things I will do in the future, but forget when I wake up, But when the day I actually do it, I remember it being in my dream. Deja vuu For the Win. (happened sometimes; second to forgetting them.)

4.) Having dream that I remember every single detail of it for about an hour, then forgetting it, resulting in a sort of headache thing going on behind my head. (Barely happens, maybe 4 times or so.)

4.) Having dream that I remember every single detail of it for about an hour, then forgetting it, resulting in a sort of headache thing going on behind my head. (Barely happens, maybe 4 times or so.)
That's the kind you write down and submit to Creative Writing class! :thumbsup:

I had a strange dream.

I had a very strange dream last night.

I was Kid Goku from Dragon Ball with Krillin, driving in a car with some weird a guy that was driving us the this thing he called the Strongest under the heavens version 2. Then he lost his hat, so we had to go find it. Eventually, we did. I forgot where we found it. Anyways, we went in there, then we won a few matches until things got very strange. We were battling 2 people (yeah v2 allowed tag team matches) that were trying to lure us to the edge. Unfortunately, Krillin slid off into the edge, and jumped backwards. I said, "Great job!" and then 2 other people came out of nowhere and slammed Krillin off the edge. We had lost. This is where it gets stranger than strange.
I said, "We got to tell the Principal!"
Krillin said, "Good idea."

And then suddenly, I was Sonic The Hedgehog. Eating Cannonballs.
"Next up, Sonic The Hedgehog VS Jackie Chun!"

And then that's where I woke up.

I'll take a lucid dream any day though, the moment you know it's a dream, the moment you can do whatever the hell you like (and manipulate it).
Amen to that. The only problem is that I usually wake up pretty quickly after learning it's a dream. It's not directly a result of knowing it's a dream, though; it's more that the things I choose to do once I realize I can manipulate the dream typically wake me up.

I sometimes have dreams about the future but I always remember them to late. I once had a dream where I live live normally except evertbody turned upside down when ever they were in a building but right side up outside.

I just woke up, and decided to post my most recent dream here. I was at my house, when all of a sudden, this letter fluttered in the door, so I grabbed it and opened it. I was invited to go to a museum in some famous place (I forget exactly where). I asked my parents, they agreed, and next thing you know, I'm sitting in an Airplane, heading to the museum. The weird thing, though, was that the airplane ride only took 3 seconds. Weird. Anyway, I got to the airport, and then to direct me to where I had to go, was Wario! Y'know, fat plumber? Anyway, when I saw the name, "Wario" on some digital sign, I dashed to the waiting room number they told me to go to. There were decorations everywhere of some madeup singer that I didn't know of, but everyone else in the room did. I laid down on a black, leather couch. There was this one weird guy that kept staring at the decorations of the singer. The two girls just sat there, looking bored. Finally, our museum guide came and picked us up. She started talking, but then, my dream disappeared and was replaced with a Scooby-Doo Go-Gurt commercial. Sad, huh?

Yep, that's right, I have commercials in my dreams.

Oh hey, I just had another dream too. It's incredibly bizarre, and I remember the last part of it in pretty vivid detail. It's one of those dreams that starts off in one place, then focuses on one element and suddenly ends up somewhere else and becomes really random.

The first part of the dream I don't remember that well. I do recall that there was part of it that took place at an amusement park, and another part in which I was watching some kind of TV advertisement which involved a chocolate monster eating people alive. And there was another part that seemed to be taking place at a family reunion at my Aunt Lynne's house in Texas (we actually never have family reunions there). Anyway, I was there with my cousins, Thomas and Sam, and at some points my second cousin Michael too.

At one point, we went into some kind of department store. This store has a lot of bizarre stuff in it. One section featured a tiny indoor farm where plants were getting watered, but the water droplets looked sort of gelatinous and opaque, and bright blue, like comic-strip raindrops. There were also some interactions with various people in the store, none of which I can quite remember.

The next part of the dream started off as the scene from the fifth Harry Potter book in which the Weasley twins escape from Dolores Umbridge on their brooms (Since I listen to the Harry Potter books nonstop on CD, occasionally a direct scene from the books enters my subconscious...the Order of the Phoenix seems to leave the biggest impact on my dreams, for some reason). Then, next thing I know, I'm holding Argus Filch's whip and I'm using it to break through a wall in the castle, which shatters in neat little blocks just like that famous room in Deep Sea Zone Act 2. I think I was trying to smash through the wall of Umbridge's office, but once I created a big enough hole, I found that I had instead broken into a big stone room containing nothing but a little girl playing the piano. IIRC, she was kind of startled.

Anyway, next thing I know, the building I'm in is no longer a cross between Hogwarts and DSZ. It's more like an office building, but for some reason it's also a school, and I'm once again in senior year of high school, preparing to graduate. Some guidance counselor (who is made up) takes me to Umbridge's office (she is still here), and the two of them start discussing the guidance counselor's proposal for a new extracurricular activity that involves traveling on buses. The counselor told me that I don't have to sign up, but that it would look good to colleges. I give it some thought and tell the counselor and Umbridge that I would like to do it.

The dream skips ahead to me being on the bus. I'm with some other members of my senior class from school (real people), but I'm no longer seeing the dream through my own perspective. Instead, I'm looking down on the bus from behind and slightly above. Oh, and one other thing about this scene. My purpose of being on this bus has changed. It's still part of the extracurricular activity, but the activity is now taking place in another country, and the bus is a shuttle taking me and my classmates to the airport.

The bus is zooming forwards at blinding speed. At first, it's traveling as fast as the Bullet Bill item from Mario Kart, but with each passing moment, it gathers even more speed. A number appears in front of me like a video game HUD, and every time it counts up, the bus accelerates like it got a nitro boost, and doesn't slow down. By the time we reach the airport, the number is up to 9, and everything is a blur, but the bus comes to a complete stop in an instant. If this wasn't a dream, that kind of deceleration would break every bone in my body, but because the laws of physics are kind of loose in dreams, we're all completely fine.

We then haul our luggage off the bus, and it slowly starts to pull away. I suddenly realize in a panic that I left mine on the bus, and jump back on to get it. I can't find it, and it's gathering speed gradually. When I'm getting desperate, I suddenly remember that I did carry it off the bus after all, and jump off again just as the bus zooms away at mega-speed again.

Then, we split up into pairs and head off for our gates. I'm with Ben Gogel (again, real person in my senior class), and we're extremely late for our flight. Ben tells me to relax, and says that we still have six minutes before the plane leaves the gate. I tell him, "Ben, you do realize that boarding stops five minutes before a plane leaves the gate, right?" (that's actually a true fact...or at least it's true of American Airlines). Ben doesn't hear me the first time, so I repeat it. He tells me he didn't know that. We're scrambling to get to the gate in time...

...and then I woke up.

Last edited:
Dreams are starting to get frustrating. I dream of new levels, songs, stories, characters, etc. But when I wake up I can only remember tiny pieces of the dreams if I'm lucky. It's like when I'm awake all my ideas are fragments and when I sleep everything gets put together, which really complicates things. I just wish there was a way to access everything I have in my head.

I had a dream that I was sitting on the toilet doing nothing............then I realized, I was.

Zap, you could always pay a visit to your friendly neighborhood hypnotoad.
hypnotoad.gif

But the BrainGate chip measures simple mental impulses which control muscle movement. Interpreting thoughts from reading brainwaves is still eons ahead of our capabilities.

Thus why I said someday. Simple leads to complex. Look at any line of technology, and it will be an example. One day, a line of improvements on this technology may lead to the interpretation of complex brain signals and thus thoughts and then memories.

Yeah, well, that's what's known as science fiction. It's meant to thrill, scare, and entertain, not to predict or educate. Even assuming that kind of technology is possible, we haven't even come close to actually creating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back