XL match garage map (m_garage.wad) ~UPDATED~

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigalySoftware

~ Loves Gaming & Media =D ~
UPDATE: Fixed weapon placement, now Sonic's able to get all weapons, too.
I've been mapping maps for SRB2 for approx. 3 years now, and I've never released any maps.
So, this is my first release, Garage zone.

It's a match (and match only) map, in a giant garage. (Actually, the players are just little rats in a garage.)
There are some secret places, for example the hole in the wall, or the platform high-up somewhere in one of the corners of the garage.

It has no map icon, so search for the name instead. It replaces map 98.

Give me some critique on what to improve (for example, thing placement)

- Digaly

Attachments

• m98.jpg
    m98.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 721
  • m_garage.zip
    16.9 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:
You may want to put your weapon rings in better places. Currently Sonic can only get to the Automatic and Grenade ring panels. All of the other ones are up on the platform at the top. Spread them out a bit and put them in places where Sonic can get to them.

Quote FuriousFox

You may want to put your weapon rings in better places. Currently Sonic can only get to the Automatic and Grenade ring panels. All of the other ones are up on the platform at the top. Spread them out a bit and put them in places where Sonic can get to them.

Hey,
Ehh, I've checked the placement of the weapon rings, and I'll go ahead and place some more on places where sonic can get them.
Thanks! :)

This sound offal, but do you really need a sniper riffle, a cornet gun, a rocket launcher, and a shot gun when you have a machine gun and a grenade launcher? I personally think that most of the weapons are fluff, and all you need for war in this type of game are rapid fire and explosives are all you need, and that the hand gun is only for when you can't get to a better weapon. I'm just saying.

Also, you're supposed to have all six weapons in every Match and CTF stage now, according to Level Design 101.

Just because you think you don't need all weapons, that doesn't mean that other people don't want or need them. Also, why are you talking about SRB2 as if it were a typical FPS?

Dark Wolf, you don't sound like you've ever actually played SRB2. No sniper rifles (though I have always considered the railring to be like a sniper rifle) nor rocket launchers (though in my opinion it does sound like a good idea) nor is there a shotgun.

I hate to be overly critical, but to me it doesn't remind at all of a garage. Anybody remember Zim's base in Srb2 demo....ooh..can't remember, but it had Zim's base. That's the sort of thing I was expecting, but to me, it just didn't deliver. Didn't take away from the stage though, aside from the lack of rings, perhaps. A job well done, methinks.

this lvl is not very good ... to start, as the Vector Continuim said, this lvl not look anything like a garage,then it is somewhat hard to play as sonic in this lvl.

4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back