Tails' sprites need fixing when recolored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also get a list of the console commands by typing "Help". It doesn't tell you what each command does, but it is helpful if you can't remember the name of it.

EDIT: <Mach> Feudal Japanese Warrior'd

If you see a long console command, you can use the tab after you type the first letter and keep pressing it until you get the command you want.

Last edited:
2zzj5vd.png

Is THIS similar what you mean?
That's how I remember it.... It's a good thing I got MS Paint.
Edit: Just so you know, I did not edit the sprite, just the pic.
(I hope someone's paying attention to this!)

Last edited:
Regardless, Falcon, it's ugly, and it's not even in-game. It's just some pillow-shaded, ugly thing that anybody could have done.

Regardless, Falcon, it's ugly, and it's not even in-game. It's just some pillow-shaded, ugly thing that anybody could have done.

You think I don't know that? I wanted to know if it was SIMILAR to what he meant, not if it was ugly or not. I know damn well that it's ugly, but that is the best I can do with a TRACKBALL mouse(one of those Logitech mouses with a ball on it used to move the mouse), ESPECIALLY due to the fact that I DON'T have steady hands. I'm lucky I was able to do that for a guy that's black, and left-handed with my RIGHT hand! I don't even understand why I'm good with my right hand when it comes to mice!( no joke intended )

Last edited:
Gotta love the complete lack of sense and logic in the Sonic world. Even if that was done properly it would look awful.

Think so if the problem could be fixed with Xwe or any other editor like SlumPed Using color remap at xwe and I don't know about slumped...

You think I don't know that? I wanted to know if it was SIMILAR to what he meant, not if it was ugly or not. I know damn well that it's ugly, but that is the best I can do with a TRACKBALL mouse(one of those Logitech mouses with a ball on it used to move the mouse), ESPECIALLY due to the fact that I DON'T have steady hands. I'm lucky I was able to do that for a guy that's black, and left-handed with my RIGHT hand! I don't even understand why I'm good with my right hand when it comes to mice!( no joke intended )

You may have "tried", but you FAILED miserably. It has little shading and looks like it was drawn on the screen with CRAYON. I have no idea what being BLACK has to do with any of this either. Or having a trackball mouse (while stupid, trackball mice are nowhere near as bad as laptop... whatever those things are called. Blech.) for that matter, since a trackball mouse can still do decent mouse art. And since you're dealing with pixels, steadiness can be adjusted easily with a few pixel relocations. You have no excuse for this. This is NOT the best you can do. At all.

I suggest just making the circle of the tails spinning white. It's easier than recoloring it for every color.

You may have "tried", but you FAILED miserably. It has little shading and looks like it was drawn on the screen with CRAYON. I have no idea what being BLACK has to do with any of this either. Or having a trackball mouse (while stupid, trackball mice are nowhere near as bad as laptop... whatever those things are called. Blech.) for that matter, since a trackball mouse can still do decent mouse art. And since you're dealing with pixels, steadiness can be adjusted easily with a few pixel relocations. You have no excuse for this. This is NOT the best you can do. At all.

Wait, you think he was really trying to make it look good? As far as I see, he was just proving a damn point.

^
What he said being nerdy about that kind of stuff is pointless
I agree with GTF and Kooper. Falcon is just trying prove a point. You don't need to be so nerdy detailed and critical about his work.

I have no idea what just happened.

Falcon wasn't making a wad with perfection. He was just saying "Like this"
We aren't supposed to critique his work, and tell him he failed at it. D00D64, you seem to be judging him like an official release. He obviously wasn't trying to be too much effort. He was trying to show his point.

:/

We aren't supposed to critique his work, and tell him he failed at it. D00D64, you seem to be judging him like an official release. He obviously wasn't trying to be too much effort. He was trying to show his point.
Exactly. So, are we going to bug Chrispy about the srb2 character sprites or not?

What, the point that it was ugly? Part of the reason it's also ugly is because the white just looks hideously out-of-place. Still no excuse for an ugly mock-up if the "point" was saying "this would look better". It's like saying to a level designer you want something like this:

cityscape.jpg

But as an example, you give him this.

beautiful.png

falcon, We got the message when Galefox spoke about it. Frankly, when you posted that, I - as well as others I'm sure - Took you to think that particular sprite should be in the game. But, like Mystic said, even if that was done "properly", it'd still look like crap. Mock-up or no, it's a stupid idea.

And if that Is what you meant, why the hell didn't you just say that in the first place instead of making it sound like you wanted some kind of award or spriting skill? that was certainly the impression you gave to me.

Last edited:
And if that Is what you meant, why the hell didn't you just say that in the first place instead of making it sound like you wanted some kind of award or spriting skill? that was certainly the impression you gave to me.
2zzj5vd.png

Is THIS similar what you mean?
He is actually saying that so it's more likely that you fail at reading and everything misunderstand about falcon's response. So just end this nonsense before it becomes a flame war kthxbai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back