Touhou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this thread died hard. But enough about the enthusiasm drop, Twilight Frontier just announced 13.5:
東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade

A rough translation of the page courtesy of Maidens of the Kaleidescope:
miracle★cookie said:
度重なる天変地異、あらがえない天災の恐怖、
Repeated calamities, the fear for inescapable disasters,

それらは人間の里に厭世観をもたらした。
They have brought pessimism to the human village.

里には重苦しい空気が渦巻いている。
The human village is swirled with gloomy air.

しかしながらそれは絶望感では無い。
However, it's not a feeling of hopelessness.

何をしても人間の未来は変わらないという閉塞感に近い物であった。
Rather, it's more like a sense of stagnation caused by the fact that,
no matter what happens, the future of humans will never change.

『ええじゃないか!』
"Isn't this good?"

誰が発したのだろうか、そんな声が聞こえて来る気がする。
No one knows who said that, but everyone feels that they have heard such a voice.

そうだ、何も変わらないのなら、何をしても良いんじゃないか?
That's right, if nothing ever changes, doesn't that mean doing anything is fine?

そうだ、もっと刹那的に生きれば良いんだ。
Living more for the moment would be nice.

次第に里の人間の心は解放され、それと同時に秩序が乱れていった。
Gradually, the hearts of the humans were freed. At the same time, order was disturbed.

その様子を別の視点から見る者達が居た。 宗教家達である。
There are those who look at this from another perspective. They are the religious people.

宗教家は乱れた人心を掌握しようと考えた。
They were contemplating about seizing the disturbed hearts of the people.

秩序を取り戻すと同時に、自らの信仰を集める良い機会だからだ。
This is a good opportunity to restore order and at the same time, gather faith for themselves.

幻想郷にお寺を建立した僧侶、俗世を捨て不老不死を目指す道士、
The monk who built a temple in Gensokyo, the Taoist who has abandoned earthly life and seeks immortality,

そして復権を目指す巫女。
And the shrine maiden who aims for reinstatement.

彼女達は決意する。こういう時こそ「私の出番」だと。
They have decided. This is the time for "It's my turn!".

さあ、それぞれの信念を武器に、魅力的に闘い、人気を奪い合え!
Come, each one armed with your own belief, show some fascinating fights, and scramble for popularity!

...probably have some mistakes but the basic gist is there
Being a teaser it's just a vague description of the story right now, but from the screenshots we already know that the game can run at 1280×720, and that it has redrawn sprites and 3D backgrounds.

I'm totally looking forward to punching Youkai Jesus, what about you guys?

Last edited:
Nice to see another Touhou fighting game. From the screenshots, it looks like spellcards won't be used in this game.

Last edited:
Another fighting game, eh?

I've yet to play any of them even though I've been meaning to, so I'll probably check into getting this one once it's released. Also, I'm assuming that Mokou and Kaguya will be in this one as well since if I recall correctly, they wound up not being in IaMP as they were too over powered, yes?

Well, it's something to look forward to at the very least.

I love the Touhou fighting games. As others have said, I'm also not too sure about the new style. Some of the sprites look nice, but others look a little, unpolished perhaps? It might look better in motion though. I'll be looking forward to this.

That bar near the character portrait looks interesting though, wonder what it's gonna do. And while I'm not too keen on changing the artstyle, I think it's still nice they're trying new things.
As far as anyone can tell, the circle bar at the character portrait is some kind of spectator approval rating gauge, to tie in with the story; the Japanese text over the blue, red, and grey portions reads "Yes", "No", and "Undecided/Don't Care" respectively.

Has anybody else tried Touhou 14.3 ~ Impossible Spell Card? In this game, Seija Kijin faces against characters who are using spell cards that are considered impossible to dodge. To counteract those unfair attacks, she makes use of a number of "cheat" items such as the "Nimble Fabric", a cloth that Seija can briefly hide behind to escape collision with danmaku.

The unlockable, equipable, upgradeable object system is appealing to me.

To this day I can only beat IN on hard mode.

Touhou is an awesome series. Has some really cool fan made games like Koumajou Densetsu. (Touhouvania)

Give up free will forever, your voice won't be heard at all

Touhou 15 comes out in like 2 days yo. Time to have difficulty remembering the names of the new characters!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back