• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2SNK: A fighting game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nev3r I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean its pretty obvious enough already that its the Hidden Palace? Well yes it is because you have The Chaos/Master Emerald there and the floors are from Hidden Palace, but that's not the point, if you're trying to recreate S3&K in 3d the the whole thing has to look like S3&K in 3d, you can't have the entire background looking like GFZ it doesn't match, and ruins the mystical feeling of the zone and that its the home of the Master Emerald.

But as I said they're probably just not finished with the background.

I meant it's barely finished.

We're NOT Trying to recreate S3&K, we're trying to make S3&K as it would look in 3D. Did you not read Arf's post, Sciky? and I thought about doing the snowboarding part in my Ice Cap map but I thought that would take up too much time and it is not needed at the moment, plus I'm also busy with my own personal project. (can you just IMAGINE the hundreds of stair sectors needed? x_____x)
Maybe instead of having a bunch of stair sectors, you could have a flat sector and rotated sprite replacements to make it look like you're going downhill.

Wow, just... Wow. Are you going to make the special stages like in the real game? Yeah, and Hyper sonic?

This project makes me feel giddy like a child again.

Thinking of the original S3&K music while looking at this sends chills down my spine.

oh my god this project is amazing

holy crap
I WANT to help, but I don't know how much help I'd be, really.. T_T
You got an IRC channel?

I think their dev channel is private or something. Also, I'd like to join, but I don't know what I could really do. Apparently I'm good with scenery, but not too great in the other departments.

We do have a channel in Esper, it was secret some time ago until a slip up, and now it's set up almost identically to #SRB2dev.
#srb2&k
Yeah, the topic isn't hidden, but soon we will change hosting places for textures and such. The link on the topic is now no longer gonna be used. :(:(:(:(

Sorry, but I had to post this:
srb20040.png

Holy balls that's awesome, good job, Blade!

Last edited:
Well, I say this about a lot of things, but this really looks like it's going to be a winner. Also, I think it is a more sound idea to just recreate the feel of S3&K and not the recreating the game itself; original levels will prevent it from feeling too predictable (although I shouldn't talk like I know something considering I haven't created a map yet). Anyway, I like how this is shaping up; smooth sailing to the team.

I think recreating the game is a better idea personally as its something that a lot of Sonic fans have thought about before and have wanted to see for a long time, but noone either could do it or never managed to get around to it, but we've clearly got a chance here to make it.

Last edited:
Changing the levels around a bit is a LOT more obligatory than you might think. Simply translating the levels from 2D to 3D is a great big remake in of itself, and will likely cause some unfamiliar design by itself - hell, if I have to be told what Azure Lake looks like, that's a step up in the department already.

Anyway, I'm not one to let hype get to me, so I'd rather wait until I get to see some custom baddies/bosses first. The hi-res S3&K textures are nice, don't get me wrong, but without the enemies and such to match it definently feels like something's missing so far.

*ahem* For music, refer to "Tunes 11X" in 2.0, for further assistance, contact Kaysakado, IIRC He tried this before.

...I want to help, but I don't know what to do...
;-;
Ah well, SO looking forward to this.

Someone made it possible to travel through loops though it is not possible to go through it manually. It would travel around like a zoom tube. I'm talking about the Dusty Desert level (I forget what it's called, never played the actual game) in that horrible STH360 mod.

As for the layout, I hope it resembles closely as possible to that of the original. I wouldn't want any surprises or anything. S3K is my most favorite game out of the entire series.

I have a question, are you going to use/remix the PC songs? AKA the songs that replaced the Genesis Ice Cap, Carnival Night, and Launch Base songs?

I would love to help, but I can barely do anything. I don't even know how to make a floating platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back