STH360 (50 % done) continues elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had fun with the levels, but they looked absolutely horrid in software. Mostly due to lag, slime walls, etc.

OK, I just opened the WAD. I haven't played it, but seriously, the whole "endless ocean" effect is not worth the problems that will occur. The endless ocean effect will make your map lag, have slime trails, and have Hall of Mirrors slime trails. Are you listening, too, Ultimate? Also, it appears as though you can lower the ceiling height. Tomorrow, may I upload an optimized, non-laggy version (without the music) of this WAD to this topic?

With sectors so huge, I'm surprised I haven't heard reports of Hall of Mirrors in OpenGL.

Surprisingly enough, the OpenGL glitches were nearly nonexistent when I ran through them. Slight clip-distance problems in certain areas, but nothing too horrible all things considered. I was expecting much worse problems judging by the level's sheer size.

As I was told when I first started making level WADs, the choice of whether to make the map visually appealing in Software mode is your choice alone. If you plan on going that route, you need to start extending your thok barrier to hug your level more closely. That in itself should cut down on a lot of the problems experienced. Sometimes it is a pain to optimize your level for the limitations of Software rendering, but overall it should make your level look better and perform better in both renders.

Oh sorry, I couldnt download winamp. It was having problems while I was installing it. Does anyone know any other mp3 converters without trying to buy it?

Google "Switch Sound File Converter". That will do it.

Jazz said:
Surprisingly enough, the OpenGL glitches were nearly nonexistent when I ran through them. Slight clip-distance problems in certain areas, but nothing too horrible all things considered. I was expecting much worse problems judging by the level's sheer size.

As I was told when I first started making level WADs, the choice of whether to make the map visually appealing in Software mode is your choice alone. If you plan on going that route, you need to start extending your thok barrier to hug your level more closely. That in itself should cut down on a lot of the problems experienced. Sometimes it is a pain to optimize your level for the limitations of Software rendering, but overall it should make your level look better and perform better in both renders.
havent you looked at the map in doom builder its not much space before it collides with one of my sectors inside the thok barrier. and im still working on it, because in the real version on X360 and PS3 the world is round, I mean I know you guys hate the laggs but it has to be like that.
Whoever has played the game might have notice how the world is big.
And this is really complicating, but ill see what I can. I think im going to seperate the music from the wad. That'll be better I guess?

If Possible make it so that the characters from the sonic Ps3/360 game are available (Shadow and Silver) to make it a true next gen wad. (plus give sonic a light dash and homing attack)

I'd rather him go and fine tune his levels that he has now, than try to add characters, we can do that ourselves.

Also, Wave Ocean + run on water = pwned.

They shouldve made the princess an animal character. That would have been much better. Am I right?

Dark Angel said:
Oh sorry, I couldnt download winamp. It was having problems while I was installing it. Does anyone know any other mp3 converters without trying to buy it?

Google "Switch Sound File Converter". That will do it.
Im a too audio maker. That is how it is spelled. You can turn 5 songs into 10 different music files with the free version. And theres no trial limit!

Ok ive seperated the music from the wad so you dont really have to download the music. Right now im starting dusty desert. Oh and ive gotten rid of the lagg in soleanna castle town, theres still some far away distance problems but sth360 is ok. light dash and homing attack has been added and Ive added some more stuff to the levels, and once im done with dusty desert and white acropolis the next beta will be released! =)

Maybe you should get rid of the so-and-so finished act so-and-so in Soleanna and warp straight to the level. And get rid of it in the levels until the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back