100,000th post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see the boards as bad as everyone seems to think they are.
Mind, I'm the kind of person who sees a lot of things as "not as bad as people say they are".
Whether that's a charming, idiotic, or dangerous quality, I have yet to decide...

What a lot of you fail to understand is that I was addressing an issue of all the users, not moderators being lax. If you read the whole post, you'll see exactly what I'm saying should be done.

The issues amongst the users aren't the only issues this board has, those were only the issues you were specifically addressing. Everyone else is only adding to the discussion.

In other news, Bigboi got banned. Dunno whether that's for the best or not, but it's not really my place to say, is it?

That said, it does show that the mods aren't cutting any slack to oldbies, so that's probably a good thing.

Shadow Hog said:
That said, it does show that the mods aren't cutting any slack to oldbies, so that's probably a good thing.
While I do agree to that, don't you think they might be going a bit too extreme? While I do get the long-needed feeling that things are progressing here, I was not expecting Bigboi to get perm'd, in the slightest.

Anyone who thinks the authority here is too extreme should look at other boards where they don't enforce the rules quite as strictly as we do. You'll notice they're quite a bit more chaotic in terms of spam (I mean real spam, not spambots, which are not a serious problem) and trolling. Most of them, in addition, don't enforce proper grammar or spelling, so you can't read half the posts without going over each line several times trying to decipher their meaning.

That said, I think it's great that we're getting so many people involved in this game. It's becoming more popular, and as with all popular things on the internet, it attracts a specific sort of user. The sort of user whose biggest ambition in life is to troll every other user he can find. Regardless of that fact, the board is in great shape, because people like that get banned. There's nothing about this board that we need to "rescue," it only seems worse because it's more popular.

Ritz said:
Spazzo said:
I was not expecting Bigboi to get perm'd, in the slightest.
Are you kidding? I think it was a small goal of his.

Mabye I worded it wrong. Of course we all saw his ban coming, the only thing, is that we never knew when it would come. I guess I was just never expecting to actually see it happen, that's all.

Bigboi's last goal was to be the person that posted the most on this forum, before he would get banned. I saw his ban coming when he had more posts than Shuffle. Maybe he was banned for having more posts then Shuffle......that'd be evil. Nah, it was his pointless posts.

Back on topic, the best team times I've seen were DMSC and SRB2 next-gen in the first revolution phase. After the 1st revolution everybody got lazy and got reckless in making things. There wasn't really good teamwork after the 1st revolution either.

Super mystic sonic said:
Back on topic, the best team times I've seen were DMSC and SRB2 next-gen in the first revolution phase. After the 1st revolution everybody got lazy and got reckless in making things. There wasn't really good teamwork after the 1st revolution either.

First revolution? What exactly do you mean by first revolution?...

Oh, and DMSC was in ways similar to the power glove - great idea and premise to back it up, but horribly executed, and was a failure to many. Do you know what you do under conditions of failure? Fix your mistakes...

Spazzo said:
Super mystic sonic said:

First revolution? What exactly do you mean by first revolution?...

Oh yeah...sorry. There were 3 revolutions on SRB2 next gen. (Also known as project next gen) The third one is the beta you know now. A revolution on SRB2 next-gen is a major difference/update on the wad from the previous one. The third revolution kinda screwed up...we only had 1 week left, and everybody seemed to be more busy with their personal lives, than with the project.

Even worse, I wasn't around at the release day. I left the team at the release day. In those 24 hours I kept my eyes of the project, and you know what happend.....weird SOCcing, crazy organizing, SA mode, crashing levels, empty levels, and bad planning. And the project came out as worse as I could have feared.....seems the team doesn't do so well without a babysitter to keep a watch on them. (even worse, I don't get paid for it!)

In this case, I really do mean revolution. Sonic next gen is publiced on the next generation system. For me, all those new grapics, better sounds, new gameplay and functions are a revolution. You can say the same thing about SRB2 next gen. Every extremely big update is a revolution.

Yeah, you can see it as a revision if you want. But I just call it a revolution. But this is getting too off-topic, so maybe its time to go back on topic? Why not start something new and original? Like.....Sonic strikers? You just need to make a fixed camera angle, SA mode, a football, a map where it all takes place, and someway to use goals.

The way you put it, they're actually called "milestones". There were three milestones on SRB2 next-gen. The third milestone is the beta we know now.

Mystic: Absorbed by WoW.
SSNTails: ??? *plays theme song to Mission Impossible*
FF: Still here! Yay!

EDIT:

Improved GFX would be nice for 1.1...

1000 of them are bots, 600 of them are n00bs/newbs, 200 of them have a acount, but never posted, 100 of them are regulars, 50 of them are advanced, 20 are pro, and the rest are random idiots running around the forums. See it from the positive side. Only 30 to go before we 200 normal users!

Well, sorry. But its painfull truth.

I would like to see the boards improve. And sorry, I don't have any longass paragraphs to give you grief with. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back