Post Yer Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
hotdog003 said:
Me < 35, I'll tell you that. Anything else, and my mom would REALLY kill me.

You keep on talking about yo' momma, so I'd say 13 or so.

Is that pic of you old? You look really young there.

Yeah, It's pretty old... By about 5 hours, yes.
Try this: Right-click on the picture, and choose 'Properties'. You can see its creation date then... *shot*

Of course, it's the date that it was downloaded to your omputer, but hey, what's the difference?

Well, um, heres me...
920769_20050516_screen015.jpg

Don't laugh! Its the best picture of me that I could find on gamespot!

You could try your hard drive.
Or inside your digital camera.
Heck, take a picture of yourself with said camera.

BSD

I hate to start a flamewar here, but, tails92, exactly what does BSD have that GNU/Linux doesn't? In fact, GNU/Linux is developing much more rapidly than BSD. Also, GNU/Linux is the only open source operating system that has gained market share.

However, if GNU/Linux weren't an option, I'd totally use BSD. I just honestly don't see any advantages to BSD. If you're going to say security, Linux can be plenty secure with SELinux (which implements manditory access control) and using good cryptography (GNU/Linux, like BSD, supports encrypted filesystems).

Nick

SRB2-Playah said:
You could try your hard drive.
Or inside your digital camera.
Heck, take a picture of yourself with said camera.
Nah, my two digital cameras suck...I have a awesome scanner though.. :?

nick said:
I hate to start a flamewar here, but, tails92, exactly what does BSD have that GNU/Linux doesn't?

:? this isn't the topic for this ...
Well, *BSD is more stable, speedy and has better license than Linux.
In addition, *BSD can emulate Linux binaries (I emulated SRB2! :) ) and NetBSD is available virtually for any machine on the world
Wait me on Slashdot or OSNews, we'll probably meet some day there...

The BSD licence says that any software under the BSD licence can be used in *any* other program. Including commercial software.
*coughcoughwindazcoughcough*

It's a well known fact that Microsoft was lazy enough to rip the BSD TCP/IP stack helper instead of coding their own. Or so I've heard. :|

hotdog003 said:
The BSD licence says that any software under the BSD licence can be used in *any* other program. Including commercial software.

Is the reason because BSD license is better. GPL at my opinion makes commercial programmers always re-inventing the wheel... and this isn't good.

hotdog003 also said:
*coughcoughwindazcoughcough*
Mac OS X

hotdog003 said:
It's a well known fact that Microsoft was lazy enough to rip the BSD TCP/IP stack helper instead of coding their own. Or so I've heard. :|

It was not ripped from BSD, but from Spider Software. And guess from what OS was the TCP/IP stack? From BSD. This is the reason because we say "the windaze tcp/ip stack is from BSD".
And note, that Windows has the BSD tcp/ip stack starting with Win2k

Proprietary software makers reinventing the wheel is better than me writing code only for it to be used in proprietary software without giving me any credit for the work I put in. Yes, BSD is more stable, and can run on ancient machines. However, BSD does not necessarily run on more machines. You need to take into account microcontrollers. BSD cannot run on microcontrollers, although uClinux can. Anyways, the one thing that angers me the most about BSD is the licensing. I can't stand the thought of having proprietary software developers use my free software (free as in freedom) and basically use me as a free developer, without me making any sort of profit while they make money off of my code... I prefer the GPL because it ensures that the community can use my code, without it being stolen.

nick said:
I prefer the GPL because it ensures that the community can use my code, without it being stolen.

But the original project will remain free
About that corporations will not give you credit, they can't
The BSD imposes that anyone that will use your code in his/her program must give credit to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back