Snake Eater

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the Metal Gear series.. it's so overhyped and overrated in the UK (like the Xbox 360)

Argh. Why the hell do I keep hitting the 2 instead of the 3?

It's overhyped for a reason, and it deserves all of the praise it gets.

Bigboi said:
Un1337_Zeb said:
dude! No way! This game is awesome!

You should seriously be banned.
No, Bigs, he's Un1337, you're thinking of de1337.

Wait. That wasn't funny. To make up fo that, here is a...

srb2tipic.gif

TI-83 Series SRB2 logo Pic. Discuss.

Quite a lot, Shadow Hog, quite a lot.

I was bored, so I grabbed the t-shirt graphic, scaled it, messed with the colors so they would be black and white (NOT grayscale), and finally tweaked it up during Portuguese class so you could actually read "Sonic Robo Blast 2" and other stuff.

I like Splinter Cell better. Oh yeah, and dual-stick controller aiming sucks! Long live WSAD and Mouselook!

Thief owns them all. OWNS, I TELL YOUS!
Like, if there was owning going on, Thief would do it. That's how much it owns.

No, I can't say I've tried Metal Gear or Splinter Cell. So, I cannot truly say that Thief is definetly better.
But if I say it enough, people will believe me. I've seen it happen.
I might as well toss in subliminal messages for good measure.
Thief is better than MGS and SC.

FoxBlitzz said:
I've never even heard of Thief. So there.

Then prepare to hear of it like you've never heard of it before.
*WARNING: Potentially mind-numbing blabbing ahead. Please clear the room of all children under the age of 5, and elderly people over the age of 80*

Thief: The Dark Project. Released in 1998 and developed by Looking Glass Studios, follows the story of Garrett. The first FPS game of it's kind, it's been referred to as "First-Person-Stealther". Set in a medieval time, Garrett was an orphan who pickpocketed and did minor shady deals. One day, he attempts to take a purse belonging to a Keeper. A sort of secret organization that's all about balance, prophecies, that sort of thing. He takes Garrett under his wing, teaching him the ways of stealth and subtlety. But Garrett runs away and uses these skills for his own desires.
His adventures take him inside guarded castles for shiny sceptors, Zombie-ridden crypts for priceless artifacts, and haunted cathedrals with spooky skeletons. Using the shadows as his defense, he is pitted against somewhat dimwitted guards, hammer-wielding fanatics, and at some point he gets his eye ripped out by the Trickster god. And all with reasonable profit.
Thief II: The Metal Age. Sequal to Thief: The Dark Project. Released in 1999/2000. Garrett continues his loot-fueled raids apon castles. But a new faction has arisen called the Mechanists. Now Garrett must deal with secuirity cameras, bomb-shooting robots, and a corrupt sherrif who is out for his blood.
Thief: Deadly Shadows. Developed by Ion Storm and released in 2004, Garrett has risen to the title as the world's greatest thief. But something dark and sinister is happening within the city, and the Keepers call apon his assistance. The prophecies are now pointing to a dark age, and a "Brethren and Betrayer", and many references to a thief...

There. Now you have heard of it. I would have kept on going, but issues have arrisen that require my attention.

No, not bathroom issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back