Severe flicker problem. Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGally

I have a severe problem with graphics flickering in Sonic Robo Blast 2. I mean, I start the game, and it just flickers and won't stop. It used to be every few seconds, the screen would flicker once. Now it flickers several times a second.

Running the game in OpenGL mode causes my computer to lock up, so that doesn't solve the problem.

I tried changing my refresh rate, but that doesn't fix it either.

Any ideas? This problem is making the game very painful to look at.

Prime 2.0 said:
shut down your computer for a while. It is likely overheating.

That doesn't do it.

ACtually, I probably should have given more information. When it flickered less often, that was before I upgraded my graphics card. Now that I've upgraded my monitor to a higher resolution (and bought a new monitor), it flickers more. I think that may have been the cause, but as I don't play SRB2 that much, I'm not certain if those were the triggers.

But I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that.

Do you have any skinning program such as WindowBlinds and StyleXP? Tell it to ignore srb2win.exe and the like.

WindowBlinds does not cause flickering, I assure you. It just positions OpenGL windows slightly off.

Go to Video Settings and enable VSync. If it doesn't work, then something may be wrong with your video card/monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back