Metal Anyone v2 - Leave your Ability to Fate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
WUKWkr8.png

...That about sums it up, yeah. Abilities and stats chosen from a random selection of 10 Sonic characters. So, as for a rundown on what his available character data is...

Blue = Metal Sonic Jump Boost
Steel Blue = Sonic Thok
Orange = Tails Fly
Red = Knuckles Glide & Climb
Black = Shadow Homing Attack
Pink = Amy Double Jump*
Grey = Mecha Sonic Float
Silver = PotleafSilver Telekinesis*
Dark Red = Gamma Hover*
Purple = Espio Fall Switch
Lavender = Blaze Air Drill

* = Can't spindash.

...And since the later half of that list is rarely ever seen, featuring characters that aren't even 2.1 charwads yet and some might not ever be, I'll explain some lesser know abilities too:

Jump Boost: The faster you go, the higher you jump! Blade nerfed this ability for the original Metal Sonic's overdrive, but he doesn't have overdrive here, so it's been buffed to compensate.

Float: Hold to float as long as you hold the key. You'll NEVER go down when floating. Mecha Sonic has super slow acceleration, but with this ability, you'll skip entire chunks of levels.

Telekinesis: Push the jump key in midair to push away enemies. Push spin to pull them in. It's no use!

Hover: Slowly fall down. Simple, but effective. Gamma wasn't built for speed, however, so he's pretty slow.

Fall Switch: Basically, a Crawla Bounce on command. Push the key from a great height, and as low to the ground as possible, and...

Air Drill: Push jump to do a slowly ascending, enemy piercing double jump that descends quickly once it reaches the peak. Hold spin to descend super fast. There's probably more to this ability, but I can't figure it out...

Anyways, through caution to the wind and let the wheel of fate decide your powers! The wheel of fate is turning, best hope it doesn't turn your adventure south!

oh, and iceman404 did the ?, i took it off his ? block

Attachments

• srb20178.gif
    srb20178.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 5,316
  • srb20181.gif
    srb20181.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 38,491
  • srb20184.gif
    srb20184.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 5,104
  • srb20186.gif
    srb20186.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 3,646
  • MetalAnyone-v2.zip
    426.3 KB · Views: 9,851
Last edited:
Some of the abilities are incredibly annoying to get (Air Drill? You mean "double jump's shitty useless cousin"?) but that's all part of the fun, I suppose. It'd be interesting to do races with this character, juggling the time investment of dying to reroll your stats with the chance to get an actually useful ability.

Might be better with some more balanced stats, though.

Last edited:
Why choose between different abilities, when you get METAL ANYONE?!

Last edited:
(Air Drill? You mean "double jump's shitty useless cousin"?)
I beg to differ, I decided to play through the entire single player campaign with this character and I got the Air Drill on THZ2. It was absolutely perfect for diving into the slime, skipping sections of the level and grabbing items deep in the pools of slime.

This character isn't exactly balanced, as is the nature of choosing your abilities by roulette every level. But it's certainly fun.

Although I'm not entirely sure whether you need permission to use these Metal Sonic sprites, because they are included in vanilla SRB2, but because Blade is using them for his character wad it would be best if you asked him for permission anyway to be sure.

And suddenly SRB2's replayability increased tenfold. I'll be spending so much time with this it's not even funny.

Usually I do not care for character additions, but this one has piqued my interest. I like the random factor it has with the abilities.

Aha! This is a really clever character idea, DOOD! I'm certain I'm not the only one who caught the BlazBlue reference at the end of his description. I'm gonna have a blast with this one!

You miscounted and set both double jump and homing thok to outcome 5, which causes the double jump to never be selected.

Last edited:
Bah, I knew it was weird that I never saw pink. I'll update it, along with another possible feature for this mod that I have planned...

Yes, but which one you play as is randomly set on death or the start of a new level. You have no clue what your stats and ability will be until you get it. It's more like you're given a whole random character, only for the sake of keeping things simple, it's a single skin that changes color.

This is a really clever idea. It sounds like the difference between a crapshoot or the perfect way to get through a specific level. I'm so glad LUA makes all of this stuff possible now.

Also, would it be a good idea if I made my Blaze's ability consistent with Metal's lavender, when I update her?

I would suggest maybe adding in something to make it so the same outcome wont be reached twice in a row. And if possible,maybe so making that even after that,the chance of it being picked is lowered. I only say this because i got the Homing Attack on GFZ2,then THZ1,AND THZ2.

This is a really clever idea. It sounds like the difference between a crapshoot or the perfect way to get through a specific level. I'm so glad LUA makes all of this stuff possible now.

Also, would it be a good idea if I made my Blaze's ability consistent with Metal's lavender, when I update her?

You'll update her? She'll have the Air Drill? That would be cool... I've bored of being only capable of using her floating ability, when all other characters have multiple abilities, created by using the LUA's magic. Anything that is related to Blaze, interests me too.

LUA is so magical, but SO magical... It even can do Eggman have a farting ability! (Me and my twisted ideas)

Last edited:
And v2 is out! Probably a bit much to call it version 2, since not much changed, but...

Anyways, in addition to Amy being fixed into the selection, the game now tells you who you're imitating and what their ability is. It's on by default for the sake of netgames (even if they cause late joiners to get kicked on the spot), but you can toggle it with the "anyhint" command.

q38iA4c.png

EDIT: I can't seem to count to 11 though.

Last edited:
Explain to me why you didn't ask someone to sprite Emerl for this.

You just love wasting all these opportunities.

Because they don't exist.

Give me good-looking Emerl or G-Merl sprites and I'll change this in a heartbeat.
G-merl would probably be preferred, actually :P

Last edited:

I'd say part of it was heroes shows that Metal Sonic can also copy data from enemies.

However, it would be cool in the future to see a version of this using Emerl sprites, as this was Emerl's only purpose in life, other than being a punching-bag in the early stages of Sonic Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back