New weapon rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuba11

^Avatar made by VOLT!^
Since the new weapon rings were announced, almost 3 years have passed. We haven't received any serious details about them and we still don't know whether they're still being developed, or the idea was abadoned.
I am quite curious about them, as probabbly is certain part of the community.
Is there a chance that these will be revealed soon?

No sadly, I don't think....
You know the preview screenshots of 2.1 are all about 1P mode for the moment and since these weapon rings were announced, we haven't got any new informations about them :/

No sadly, I don't think....
You know the preview screenshots of 2.1 are all about 1P mode for the moment and since these weapon rings were announced, we haven't got any new informations about them :/

Three new weapon Rings are being developed, although two are described as "experimental" and may not make the cut. For version 2.1, Mystic has said that these new Rings "probably aren't happening due to a lack of internal interest"

This is all srb2 wiki says, so I suppose it's kind of obvious that the weapont rings won't appear in upcoming version.

They are not abandoned, but they are not and have not been actively developed since that tidbit was announced. Adding new weapon rings is still on the "someday" list of things we'd like to do if we have time. When 2.1 releases you may be able to find some of our experimentation by digging through the source, but that'll be it.

The weapons that already ARE in the game have been tweaked for balance somewhat, but if you're whining about rail you probably won't notice, as rail hasn't been changed at all.

I mean I really don't care personally about rail rings nor whine about it but I'm saying in general that people really hate it and want to rage about it.

Last edited:
The weapons that already ARE in the game have been tweaked for balance somewhat, but if you're whining about rail you probably won't notice, as rail hasn't been changed at all.

So their are some changes like a faster shot for the bounce rings or something like that?

The main change is that grenade was redesigned entirely. Other changes I can remember are that we nerfed explosion's fire rate, scatter's ammo pickups were halved, and automatic's ammo pickups are up to 40 each.

I mean I really don't care personally about rail rings nor whine about it but I'm saying in general that people really hate it and want to rage about it.

-.- Do I even need to freaking say it?
(No seriously I like to use rails but c'mon.)

New weapons would be nice, but I'm glad a few have been changed. Explosion rings were god awfully overpowered indoors because of "BOOM" wait for half a second "BOOM" and so on. How much is it delayed? Because I swear to god it ticks me off how fast Knuxspam can fire them.

automatic's ammo pickups are up to 40 each.
THANK YOU AAAAAA.

If combinations were back it would be a lot more hectic, but alas, it's probably removed because of overpowered reasons. 2.1 might shed light on soccers, so maybe we'll see what holds up in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back