Gamedata Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on how far we get development wise, 2.1 may or may not require a gamedata reset due to changes in Time Attack.

Savegames will almost certainly not survive the version switch due to a few mod-related things changing.

I'm nowhere near as worried about that as I am about changes to PNAMES. The tiniest modification to that lump would make Tortured Planet incompatible (actually, it would make most graphics-altering WADs incompatible). It would take a lot of work to straighten everything out.

If a gamedata incompatability does appear, is there any way to make a converter? Like the lvlconvert packaged in 2.0.x? Or will one be packaged? As a not-the-best SRB2 player, and for winning ERZ3 by luck and 40 lives, I don't feel like re-playing everything...

If a gamedata incompatability does appear, is there any way to make a converter? Like the lvlconvert packaged in 2.0.x? Or will one be packaged? As a not-the-best SRB2 player, and for winning ERZ3 by luck and 40 lives, I don't feel like re-playing everything...

You mean with updates to the levels, most likely new levels, and many other goodies, you don't want to play through it again?

I can play through it through level select :-P I just won't have to spend 30 lives and pure luck on the final boss again.

I can play through it through level select :-P I just won't have to spend 30 lives and pure luck on the final boss again.
You do know Brak Robotnik may not be the planned final boss, and even if it is - it'll probably be different in many ways.

What "new emblems"? You mean locations? Because I was sure that in Tortured Planet (oh yay another topic's discussing about that, 'cause of me) if you got emblems in an older version, they would save even if there was a newer version, just their location in- game would change, but it still counts as you've collected them.

So theres a new gamedata.dat file. So we are going through all the levels and unlocking everything we already unlocked? Well... that sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back