Server Crash and Reload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Well, the forums are back up.

Thanks goes out to Smidge204 of #srb2 Esper and SFGHQ for helping us set the forums up properly this time, and to Sep of #srb2 Esper and sepwich.com, for putting up with us even after we accidentally took his entire site down with us.

The sonic at the top changed. Where did he come from anyway?

Wow I thought it would take longer than like 2 weeks to get this place up and running again. I mostly thought like a month or so.

Farran said:
yea the forums are back up errrrr i got confused what sep said so what happened?

An e-mail notification kept looping because it could not be sent to the reciever. It looked like a spam message to my host so they dropped me.

uh, i wonder why some people thought I was the cause of all this.....

By the way, i think the sonic on the top is from a project of SSNTails....

um, the wizard is starving or something....

I have a copy of it, i forgot where i got it though. i still have it, sitting in a folder named "sofarsobad" :( it looked pretty good, and it didnt lag for me, (thats probably because of my high amount of ram, and 256 bit video card) it looks pretty good, needs a little work though. ;)

I hope you mean 256MB because a bit is pretty damn small.. smaller than a kilobyte.

Uh, 256 bit is about... 8 bytes.
8-bit for 1 byte, 256-bit for 8 bytes.
Now. This message is just above 128 bytes, which is... really big.

I think it's safe to assume he means 256 MB, since having 256-bit in this day and age would be computer-gaming suicide. And probably suicide for just about anything else on XP or any other modern OS, too.

Shadow Hog said:
I think it's safe to assume he means 256 MB, since having 256-bit in this day and age would be computer-gaming suicide. And probably suicide for just about anything else on XP or any other modern OS, too.
Not really. Windows is a 32-bit system, 256-bit would be heaven.

As far as GPU RAM goes?

Oh, sure, XP CAN run without a GPU (my integrated card once conked out with a new driver, but XP still ran while I rolled it on back), but it ain't pretty; several programs will NOT run (SRB2 included), and IE will move slow as heck (not tried FF, but don't expect the answers to be any rosier). I don't think 256-bits of RAM would be enough to run OpenGL all that well.

I thought that pertained mostly to processor stuff.

Interestingly, modern computation works just fine on a 32-bit proc. Heck, even the Xbox uses one, while the Gamecube uses a 32/64 hybrid (last I checked). I guess we've reached the point where the extra bits don't mean jack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back