Policy Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Alrighty, this has been in effect for a while, but I keep forgetting to annouce it on the forums.

I have been deleting the "bump" messages when someone bumps a topic as a solution to the bumping issue. When you see a bumped topic, please do not reply to it so I can more easily delete the offending message.

This method allows us to keep our history around as well as allow people who actually DO have important information to add to an old topic.

Obviously, on the flip-side, if your post suddenly does not appear anymore, that is most likely due to the fact that it was deleted for being a useless bump of an old topic. I am paying attention to those who do it too much, and doing it too much will indeed cause administrative action to be taken. Read the rules. You'll do better that way.

It's when you post to make a topic go back to the top of the first page. A nesscessity on boards like GFaqs, when an old topic gets deleted. But not here, when old topics just stay around, and as it's pointless and annoying, it's against the rules. You can only post in an old topic if you have something worthwhile to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back