Member Purge and Image Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Well, I did another member purge, deleting all non-banned accounts with 0 posts.

I also deleted quite a few images from the forums from people's avatars and signatures. No image in your avatar or sig should EVER be more than 20 KB. My avatar is 7.89 KB, and it's pretty detailed, and is rather high-res. I found an image in someone's signature that was 150 KB. I can only imagine how painful that would be to load on a 56K.

Remember, there are people without broadband in the world. Do NOT use large images. Also, if you're on dialup and you notice that someone's image is insanely large in filesize, feel free to reply in this topic and complain. If it's over 20 KB, it's grounds for removal, unless it's an image posted in the topic itself, obviously.

If you are unsure about how big your image is in filesize, right click on the image and go to properties, and it will tell you. For instance, the SRB2 Message Board image at the top is 9.43 KB.

Likewise, if you notice your image has been removed, don't put it back, or you'll lose the privilege to have an image in the first place. Several people on the forum have permanently lost their avatar privileges, and I have no problem with adding more people to that list if the filesize stays high.

Remember, images on the forum are a privilege. Please don't abuse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back