Small 2.1 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too fussed about 2.1 at the minute. It's an optional hobby, working on SRB2. I wouldn't be surprised if 2.06 lasted another year or so. It would still be fucking awesome to have 2.1, but don't get your hopes too high guys. You could be waiting one hell of a long time, if not that, forever. Quite sure that's clear to most people.

Anyway, Lua looks like it'll be a cool new addition to the game. It'd allow for virtually anything however, so limits to characters would no longer be possible in any form it seems. A good or bad thing? The whole game could get broken by remade HMS wads and all that jazzle. But it would allow much more customization. It's a good and bad thing really in my opinion.

*Smacks self if this is in the wrong place*

I don't actually think there's much to do on GFZ, aside from giving new locations to the emblems and (if necessary) expand it a bit. On THZ, it depends on the developers; DSZ from 2.0.6 can be reused in 2.1, as i don't see anything to be done in there; there's enough said about CEZ in these topics; ACZ and RVZ seem to be going well, but i think there should be enemies in RVZ, (either Act 1 or 2) instead of just running through the level; ERZ looks quite good to me, but i'd recommend you guys (developers) to give some more 'Eggman style' to it (like statues of himself along the areas, or making 'chats' (cecho) between the villain and the player). The only major change i'd like to see in SRB2 is the addiction of cutscenes (the only one is the intoduction, aside from the credits) and new secrets. Keep the good work on it.

I don't actually think there's much to do on GFZ, aside from giving new locations to the emblems and (if necessary) expand it a bit. On THZ, it depends on the developers; DSZ from 2.0.6 can be reused in 2.1, as i don't see anything to be done in there; there's enough said about CEZ in these topics; ACZ and RVZ seem to be going well, but i think there should be enemies in RVZ, (either Act 1 or 2) instead of just running through the level; ERZ looks quite good to me, but i'd recommend you guys (developers) to give some more 'Eggman style' to it (like statues of himself along the areas, or making 'chats' (cecho) between the villain and the player). The only major change i'd like to see in SRB2 is the addiction of cutscenes (the only one is the intoduction, aside from the credits) and new secrets. Keep the good work on it.

Cecho scripts would be obstructive and hurt the gameplay, so I doubt those will ever be in place.

No offense, but this better be some update considering the fact it's taking 2 years and counting.

Hah, I'd agree with you if they were getting paid to do this crap :P

...But inevitable lack of interest/motivation toward the project mixed with their super high quality standards makes the project a tad bit on the slow side. Hell, as long a time as they've been working on the same thing, I'm surprised they haven't gotten completely bored and thrown in the towel yet. I mean, how old is SRB2 again? 11, if I remember correctly, although I can't remember the last time I checked.

In fact...

I got it! You guys should just reskin all of the obviously sonic-based assets, change up all of the sound effects, make sonic an elephant and make him collect peanuts instead of rings, tweak a couple of mechanics here and there and bam! Charge about 20-30 bucks for this puppy (maybe more! ;D) and you'll be set for life!

And hell, with all of that dough rolling in, maybe we'd see a finished version of this sexy gem! Perhaps even in this lifetime!

No offense, but this better be some update considering the fact it's taking 2 years and counting.

Three years, actually.

I'm keeping my hopes down. It's always better to be pleasantly surprised than be disappointed.

I mean, how old is SRB2 again? 11, if I remember correctly, although I can't remember the last time I checked.

Fifteen years.

Yes, that's a "1", followed by a "5".

15 years.

No offense, but asking that of people who are only making this fan-game in their spare time, purely as a hobby, when at least most of them have full-time jobs and other worries is a bit selfish, especially considering what they have at least confirmed what they've been working on is pretty monumental (completely renovating just about every non-unlock single-player map, adding completely new shield sprites that don't just look like colour blobs, the ability to have Tails follow Sonic in single player).

Pay me and everyone else on the team double what we're currently making an hour and we'll be sure to speed up the development process for you.

Being popular is irrelevant in this matter.

Please ignore my previous joke.
We are not accepting money, under the guise of donations or anything else. For any reason. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back