"Bad Sprite Name"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStephen

My PhD is made out of foam.
Judge
Hello, i am making a character wad called Bandages The Hedgehog.
I finished all the sprites and added the OBJCTCFG and the S_SKIN2. But when I add it to the game it appears this:

"WARNING! BAD SPRITE NAME: SBOSLIFE,MDadded skin "sonic-boom"

And when i start the game with my character, the sprites don't appear. It's like an invisible character. Can someone explain me why does this happen and how to fix it?

Please use a service that doesn't require registering an account.

Last edited:
Question: Where did you place SBOSLIFE in your character WAD's list of lumps? It should really be above S_SKIN, because I don't think it works right with the images that aren't the character sprites themselves, if they're below S_SKIN.

Last edited:
Question: Where did you place SBOSLIFE in your character WAD's list of lumps? It should really be above S_SKIN, because I don't think it works right with the images that aren't the character sprites themselves, if they're below S_SKIN.

I now placed OBJCTCFG and S_SKIN2 below the first 3 sprites (Face, facename and character select picture) and now it works perfectly.

Now i have to ask, does this wad count as recolor? Because I would like to release it.

It does count as a recolor.

Even though the modified graphic appears in the upcoming Sonic game, it is still unacceptable here. The sprite is recolored with a scarf and adds no quality gameplay elements, both things that we look for in characters. This would not get past submissions.

Ok, then i guess i should release it in other place... Thanks for the help and the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back