SRB2 Recording GIFs saved as PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
I'm currently having a problem with recording GIFs on SRB2, as whenever I attempt to, it saves it as .PNG. I know that it's recording the GIF, as the framerate drops to 15 FPS or so (I use OpenGL), yet it saves as PNG. Without the GIF I need, I can't report an issue with an MD2.
I would show proof, but I really don't know how I can pull that off.
I even made a fresh reinstall of SRB2 and the problem is consistent.

Last edited by a moderator:
In this case you can always record the game with a screen recording software like OBS Studio and upload the video to sites like Gfycat or Streamable.

Strange, it used to work previously - I can't report issues with MD2s then :(

SRB2's OpenGL has never had support for recording GIFs. If you've recorded a GIF, you must have been using software mode to do so. =V

You could always try and post the APNG anyway... mind you only certain browsers (Firefox I think was one?) would be able to see the PNG animate at all.

Wouldn't there be a way to still have it output a gif reguardless of renderer by remapping all the colors to the closest possible index on the palette? (A bit like slade does it when you convert images from PNG to Doom format, this would be abyssimally slow on higher resolutions but it's not like aPNG recording isn't already abyssimally slow to begin with)

救世主 Messiah;801171 said:
Record with Sharex guy

Apng is a kind of gif too... hum...

Not quite. GIF and APNG are both formats that can be used for animated images, but apart from that they are unrelated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back