Aurora Atoll Zone Act 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeventhSentinel

In charge of way less than you might think
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Yeah, figured this old hunk of junk could use a facelift.

You may remember this map as Sunset Isle, but I have given it a new moniker to signify its newfound graphical greatness as well as its new chiptune soundtrack.

As with the last iteration of the map, there are six emblems to collect: one for each character, as well as score, time, and rings emblems. The time requirement is much stricter than last time, though!

I hope you guys like this as much as I liked making it!

Using software mode is highly recommended.

Attachments

• aaz1.png
    aaz1.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 875
  • aaz2.png
    aaz2.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,111
  • aaz3.png
    aaz3.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,010
  • aaz4.png
    aaz4.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 966
  • aaz5.png
    aaz5.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 928
  • aaz6.png
    aaz6.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 929
  • acr_auroraatollv3r2.7z
    3.6 MB · Views: 918
Last edited:
Not gonna lie, I kind of wish there were more opportunities to actually use slope physics to jump around, but aside from that it's a nice map. (It'd almost be possible to run this in a netgame with -nothokker, but you used some of the textures from the thk so it causes REDWALLs.)

Welcome to Releases!

Well isn't this is a massive improvement since the last release? Love the skybox and everything. The music's fantastic too!

ImpressionableReliableAmericanquarterhorse.gif

It's also incredibly fun to speedrun.

It'd almost be possible to run this in a netgame with -nothokker, but you used some of the textures from the thk so it causes REDWALLs.

I've decided to update the wad to include the textures. I also fixed a couple things I didn't notice before. Those of you who already downloaded this will need to download it again. This will be the only update unless I find something game-breaking.

dat gif tho

Didn't take you long to beat my record, eh? Very nice.

Last edited:
So this was a nice update from the last version. The slopes are a nice touch...but that's about it. they're more like eye candy at this point. was just hoping maybe they could serve a purpose at one point in the stage...but that's just me being nitpicky so don't worry about it. Next, i found somewhere in the stage that looks....off. I'll show a screenshot.

9jVecHi.png

The texture doesn't slope up with the sector it seems...maybe wanna look into that if you ever do update this again.

This is actually why I recommended software mode. Gonna blame the OGL renderer for that one. Looks fine in software.

I really did try to make the stage not suck in OGL, though. No idea how to fix that.

There isn't so much to say. While not a major update of this level, only slopes, custom textures, new name and a good skybox I quite like how it looks.

I figured out how to fix a couple things. OpenGL users will be happy to find that various rendering errors are fixed in revision 2. Get it while it's hot.

You've had several different revisions of this same act for a while now. Are you ever going to work on Act 2? I'd love to see more from you.

Act 2 has been started, but it will likely be a long time before it gets much further. I've taken up the creation of other maps that spark my creativity much more often. The one getting the most attention is a factory type level which you can read about here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back