Color Codes with Subtitles for Level Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larz T

Bool Man Larry
Judge
Is it possible to have for example, text that reads "Zone 1" that is the color blue with using the code like this
Code:
Subtitle = „Zone 1
or is yellow the only selection we can use?

By the way, I'm using SRB2 2.0's color text symbols because I'm unable to find the current 2.1 color text symbols (if there are any to begin with).

Last edited:
Use ^ followed by a number from 0 to 7 to add colors. (^^ adds a literal ^.)

Alternatively you can use \ followed by two hexadecimal digits to add any ASCII character directly, but that's much more useful for cutscenes. (\A0 - \AF control text speed, and \B0 - \D2 add a variable length stop.)

Code:
LEVEL 01
LEVELNAME = Greenflower
ACT = 1
SUBTITLE = ^1H^2i ^3t^4h^5e^6r^7e^0!
colorsubtitle.png

How would you use this code in a server name?

It works in the same way that MAINCFG does. Just use the character "^" followed for the desired color number. You can change this in-game via server options or out-game via editing config.cfg file.

But remember that bumping isn't nice.

Ok I set the server name with the codes. When I start the game, nothing happens. Is this the way of doing this?

Ok I set the server name with the codes. When I start the game, nothing happens. Is this the way of doing this?

It's not, Volkatrace made a mistake. What you have to do is put the following in your autoexec.cfg (assuming you have one):
Code:
servername "<>HaloiC's Server"
Replace <> with any of these:
€ = White
† = Grey
‡ = Orange
ƒ = Green
„ = Blue
… = Red

So for example, if you want your server name to be blue, autoexec.cfg should look like this:
Code:
servername "„HaloiC's Server"

Then load up SRB2 and host a netgame. If you did everything correctly, your servername should look like this:

xyBhNot.png

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back