Brak Eggman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei

Locked User
How would I go about making a boss (sprites) in a similar process that Brak was made? I know it involved the use of a 3D model, so how would I make sprites from the model?

Edit: Might as well ask this while I'm on the topic of bosses, how do I make the attacks for a boss to use? I've checked the wiki but it seems the tutorial doesn't really get into the attacks. I just need some info to get started on making simple attacks.

Last edited:
Even though this won't help anything, I would like to point out that the brak eggman sprites are (hopefully) temporary and will most likely be replaced by sprites like the rest of the game.

I see...well I'd still like to use that style for making a boss till I can make decent enough sprites for a boss.

You'd have to have some sort of 3D modeling program and animate the model for the boss then take screencaps/screenshots of each frame from different angles.

Ah ok, I was thinking it was something like that. Also how would I make custom attacks for a boss?

Well, you could combine the behaviors of the existing enemies and bosses using their Actions. For example, you could have the boss bounce at you using A_BunnyHop, have it fly at you with A_BuzzFly or A_SkullAttack, have it move along the ground at you using A_Chase, etc. Combining existing actions and using them in new ways is relatively easy, but creating new Actions (completely new behaviors) requires source modification as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back