How Exactly do you make teleporters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Destiny

dealer of Retribution.
Im wondering, in Srb2 doom builder how do you make a teleporter or place one, and how do you put in the teleporter destination?

Sonic Destiny said:
Im wondering, in Srb2 doom builder how do you make a teleporter or place one, and how do you put in the teleporter destination?

Why don't you try looking In maps that have it, check in linedef mode to check all the GREEN lines and if one of them triggers a yellow line where the teleporter spot is you will know to go into sector mode and copy the two sectors and then open your map and past it.

NOW I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CHANGE IT TO GO TO A PLACE YOU WANT IT TO GO YET SO WATCH THE TOPIC UNTILL THAT IS ANSWERED

P.S. Sorry I can't tell you EXACTLEY

Make a control sector. Make one linedef have a "Teleport Player to Tagged Sector" special (104) and a different linedef have a Trigger special (Continuous: 96).

The sector you want the player to use to be teleported must have:

-Sector type that can be any of the following from 967 - 975 (Trigger Linedef Executor; floor touch should work for you)
-Tagged with the "Trigger Linedef Executor" linedef

The sector you want the player to be teleported to must have:

-Teleport Destination thing
-Tagged with the linedef that has the special 104

That should work.

Ash said:
Make a control sector. Make one linedef have a "Teleport Player to Tagged Sector" special (104) and a different linedef have a Trigger special (Continuous: 96).

The sector you want the player to use to be teleported must have:

-Sector type that can be any of the following from 967 - 975 (Trigger Linedef Executor; floor touch should work for you)
-Tagged with the "Trigger Linedef Executor" linedef

The sector you want the player to be teleported to must have:

-Teleport Destination thing
-Tagged with the linedef that has the special 104

That should work.
Thank you so much Ash!!!
It worked! I am in your debt ^^

EDIT: but im trying to do something else, i want to make it so when sonic steps on the platform he transforms, but for some reason i dont know how to tag sectors? can you explain to me what you mean by tagging?

EDIT2: my last question is... why wont my thok barrier work? it only works on 2 sides of the thok barrier sector.

Donovan, stop being mean, not everybody wants to learn the hard way when there's a proper way to do it >_>

Sonic Destiny said:
EDIT: but im trying to do something else, i want to make it so when sonic steps on the platform he transforms, but for some reason i dont know how to tag sectors? can you explain to me what you mean by tagging?

EDIT2: my last question is... why wont my thok barrier work? it only works on 2 sides of the thok barrier sector.

1st:The tags are in one of the sides-medium...Tag it to a linedef/sector/thing(using the flags as the tag) To make it to use 2 functions or more!

You must make it outside of the map or else...the map will be screwed up...tags are used for:
1:Making FOFs
2:Making water
3:Teleport
4:Etc.
2:Oh...you are talking about the super sonic transform sector right?
3:Maybe...Make another?*shot*That is a big problem my friend.Ask in the wiki.They will help you.

To add a tag to a linedef, just right click it, and add a tag (you'll see it in it's properties). After that, to tag a sector, right click it and change it's "Sector Tag" to the linedef tag number you want it to use. The effect on the linedef will go to the sector you tagged it to.

For a Super Sonic transform platform, you would need a sector with the SS Transform Special (969). No linedef tags are needed. This special only works if the player has all seven emeralds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back