Models..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Anyone know how they work in SRB2? How to insert them into a wad, how to give them animations, and how to tell the game which animations to play when..
Any help/information would be muchly appreciated. :)

Do some research on md2 files and such. Most likely they'll work with that. Might I suggest getting "The Wizard Needs Food, Badly!"?

It's easy enough to make the models.

But we want to know how to work them in SRB2...

Each "Keyframe" in the MD2 should correspond to the sprite frame #.

For example, the first keyframe should be Sonic standing, the next two him tapping his foot, and the next 8 his running animation.

Look at Legacy documentation on how to set up the md2 config file.

Skins need to be in PCX format. If the skin shows up weird, try vertically flipping it.

'kay, now I just need a Link model and somebody to animate it! *destroyed*
I've heard that the models don't work right after switching maps? If that's true, then should I really bother with this? x_X

Shuffle said:

*Hides EFC 27000*

It wasn't me. Honest.

Anyway, if you're going to have models, you may as well do everything in models since models and sprites often clash horribly.

Shuffle said:
I've heard that the models don't work right after switching maps? If that's true, then should I really bother with this? x_X
Got $5.00?

Anyone know a good model making program that is free, or expires the way mIRC does (that is, it doesn't. =P)? Because Milkshape did expire, and serial sites are useless. >_<

Blue Blur said:
http://www.anim8or.com

Freeware and very powerful.

With MD2 support. Because I have it, and it doesn't have that option. :/

And, yes, I have googled. All that it comes up with is tutorials. -_-

I was rather hoping for something that was free. If I had money, don't you think I would have bought MilkShape? =P

Well, give people links to *free* MD2 model designing software, and you have a shot at getting them. But if you beg it's not going to get you anywhere. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back