[Open Assets] Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I put in a feature request for the next patch of SRB2 to have the vertex/tri count upped for MD2 support.

4096 triangles and 2048 vertices. I've asked them to double it. (It literally involves just changing two #defines)

Then.... with just modfying two lines...... We could even make a Next-Gen Md2 for Srb2. Hope 2.2, or atleast 2.1.9,8 or 7 have this capacity improved.

I have a poly reduction tool so for me polycount doesn't matter in terms of playability, however there would be much rejoicing should srb2 be able to carry a higher limit for tris and verts.

I have a poly reduction tool so for me polycount doesn't matter in terms of playability, however there would be much rejoicing should srb2 be able to carry a higher limit for tris and verts.

Oh please, can you tell me what program do you use for poly reduction? Blender is not working anymore (for unknow reason).

Well, all this is sort of off-topic, but sort of on-topic.
You say you use FragMotion to rig the models and do skeletal animation with them before exporting them as .md2.
And FragMotion supports the .smd format, which Blender (with a plugin called Blender Source Tools) also does.

I'd prefer to both model and animate in Blender (well, edit a model in Blender, and animate it in another program).
Do you know if it's possible to load a mesh, then load an animation for it, and then export it as .md2?
I'm still quite new to this FragMotion thing, so I'd like to know before I start animating outside FragMotion just to find it being impossible to import the animation...

Virtual, 2.1.7 has the poly count completely doubled! Are you going to be animating the Sonic Next Gen model?

Virtual, 2.1.7 has the poly count completely doubled! Are you going to be animating the Sonic Next Gen model?
Hey, that's my job! Well, if you mean Classic Sonic from Sonic Generations, that is. If you do, then that's my job. But he hasn't replied to my question(s?) yet, so I haven't started. Edit: Plus I'll probably get beat to it, since I work slowly when I spend most of the time playing SRB2. And I don't mind someone else doing it, either. :P

Hey, that's my job! Well, if you mean Classic Sonic from Sonic Generations, that is. If you do, then that's my job. But he hasn't replied to my question(s?) yet, so I haven't started. Edit: Plus I'll probably get beat to it, since I work slowly when I spend most of the time playing SRB2. And I don't mind someone else doing it, either. :P

I said Sonic Next Gen.

Sonc Next Gen is specific to many other people.
Sonic '06.
That was actually what I thought of "Sonic Next Gen" as, but I also thought it couldn't be that, since everyone seems to think it's the worst official Sonic game that has been made. What's bad about sneaking through loops?

Offtopic: It was buggy, I know, but the story had a lot of potential. If it was redone, and also available on computer via Steam, I'd play it, even though I beat it on PlayStation 3 already. At least if there was a demo so I'd know if my computer could handle it (Sonic Generations lags on my computer).

Ontopic: Well, alright, if you would want it, then sure. I just know I won't make it, and I also know the Models Resource (major, known site for model rips from games) derped out a week or so ago. I don't think a lot of people have that model of Sonic on their computer. I should shut up. *Derp*

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back