From Solid To Unseen Intagable FOF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on a map and I wanted to know (just to enchance the gameplay) if I could have a fof in front of another fof to serve as a wall. That wall would only be opened by a trigger once by player inside a invisible intagable fof. That would change the tag of the solid fof to the tag for the linedef that turns it into a different FOF.

In gameplay, someone would go into a invisible fof (thats like a switch) and change the solid FOF in front of it into a unseen intagable FOF.

If you still don't understand me:
What I want to do -
Step 1. Make a FOF that is solid.
Step 2. Make a invisible intagable FOF that has a trigger once special.
Step 3. Make the invisible intagable FOF be controlled by a linedef that controls the solid FOF to turn invisible and intagable using tags.

Last edited:
I don't know what I polyobject is and I don't want to find out.
I'd rather find a exploit to do it.
I don't know what you mean by an 'exploit', but SpiritCrusher just told you a perfectly reasonable solution. Just look up what a PolyObject is on the wiki; being able to make them would improve your editing skills.

Alternatively, here's something else you could do. Make two identical FOFs of the same floor and ceiling height in same target sector, set one of them to be solid and the other to be invisible and intangible, and make it so that the linedef executor instantly sets the ceiling of the solid FOF equal to the floor height of the FOF when a button is pressed. That will make it look like the solid FOF vanished and was replaced by an invisible, intangible FOF.

I don't know what I polyobject is and I don't want to find out.
I'd rather find a exploit to do it.
Why? PolyObjects are a powerful tool, and they're actually not that hard to make. But yeah, the owrkaround fawfulfan told you is better if you want the flats to display.

I don't know what you mean by an 'exploit', but SpiritCrusher just told you a perfectly reasonable solution. Just look up what a PolyObject is on the wiki; being able to make them would improve your editing skills.

Alternatively, here's something else you could do. Make two identical FOFs of the same floor and ceiling height in same target sector, set one of them to be solid and the other to be invisible and intangible, and make it so that the linedef executor instantly sets the ceiling of the solid FOF equal to the floor height of the FOF when a button is pressed. That will make it look like the solid FOF vanished and was replaced by an invisible, intangible FOF.
I might use that when I get bored of creating polyobjects. :/

Why? PolyObjects are a powerful tool, and they're actually not that hard to make. But yeah, the owrkaround fawfulfan told you is better if you want the flats to display.
I just looked at the tutorial, its a pain to make it but I'll go with this. (Trys to make 4 different main polyobjects...)

Take that back, I can't use a polyobject. It can't move on a linedef action and stay like a good little fof. Or can it even be a fof.

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd go with Fawfulfan's (did I spell that right?) idea. Polyobjects are glitchy and unstable and I hope the devs can fix them. They would be a lot cooler to use if fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back