My new computer has problems with srb2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krabs

he/him
Sonic Team Junior
- Srb2 refuses to keep the default resolution I set.
- I cannot list servers, even with the MS launcher, so I am forced to join by I.P. by copy/pasting the I.P. from ms.srb2.org. (I have checked the MS ban list, and I am NOT on it.)
- Srb2 Doom Biulder refuses to run 3d mode, and tells me I need DirectX, but I already have DirectX.
- Srb2 has slight frame lag, even offline.

I am using Windows 7 on an HP model p6267c and an HP 2509m monitor.
The most important problems are bolded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Edit:
Alright, I fixed it. Go into:
Options -> Server options

Under "MASTER SERVER", it should say something like:
servegame.srb2.org:28900

Change that to:
ms.srb2.org:28900

Problem solved.

Last edited:
Thanks for helping! :)

Srb2DB still cannot go into 3d mode:

Srb2db3dmodeerror.png

Please note that Spore had already installed DirectX on my computer so it could run, and it runs perfectly.

I'm not very good at Doom Builder, so I can't help you there. If you're having issues with the resolution still, try this:
http://darknessdes.ucoz.com/load/srb2_my_custom_window_mode_launcher/1-1-0-13

Naw, I fixed that. :D

EDIT: MORE PROBLEMS. Whenever XWE loads, I get an error telling me:

Failed to create key .wad.
List index out of bounds (0)

Then I load up a wad and...

List index out of bounds (3)

Then it goes into an eternal loading of the wad. Help? ;_;

EDIT 2: Slumped works fine, but XWE is the only program that I figured out how to load images with srb2's palette.

Naw, I fixed that. :D

Failed to create key .wad.
List index out of bounds (0)

List index out of bounds (3)

EDIT 2: Slumped works fine, but XWE is the only program that I figured out how to load images with srb2's palette.

EXACTLY the same thing happens to me. EXACTLY. And I kinda want to use XWE. What's happening here, anyway?

Try redownloading DirectX. Maybe Spore uses an older version. Now, I can never run into your problems. I use Windows XP and I'm not switching. And also, SlumpED is NOT that hard to use. If you want to use 2.0's palette just set the IWAD to 2.0's IWAD and presto! Done

It happened to me too!
Luckily for you, I know how to fix it!
Code:
Right Click > Run As Administrator
And do that everytime when you run XWE.

...and that's why I use SLumPED. :P

EDIT:
And for the listgame thing, I have no idea. Lemme check now.

EDIT2:
Nope. I can't find any servers INGAME. I can using the MSLauncher though....weird.

Last edited:
It worked! XWE is running great. Thanks for all your help guys, and now my only remaining problem is the 3d mode error.

Wolfy, I tried that already. :(

For doom builder, I THINK you have to install a Video card.

Um,he has Windows 7 on a new computer. Which comes with a kickass graphics/video card. 3D mode worked for me, and I had a crappy 2004 video card on a Dimension 3000 computer. Please, THINK before you post.

Please post your computer's specifications, you might not have the hardware necessary to use 3D mode on Doom Builder...

Make sure to install recent DirectX runtimes, downloadable from Microsoft's website (the latest I remember is August 2009).

Latest DirectX runtime Available as of this post.
Callum said:
Please post your computer's specifications
Open Windows' Run command from the Start Menu (Or Windows key + R), tell it to run dxdiag. Click "Save all Information" and it'll save a dxdiag.txt to your desktop, Copy everything listed under "System Information", "DxDiag Notes" and "Display Devices", then post that to pastebin and link to it here.

Edit: Oh, by the way, update your Video card's/chip's drivers to their newest available versions, as that will make games run faster.

ATI Drivers
Intel Drivers
nVidia Drivers

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, but I fixed the problem a little earlier and forgot to post about it. Anyway, srb2 sometimes mixes up the palette randomly forcing me to minimize and reopen srb2, only for it to happen 2 minutes later.

Anyway, srb2 sometimes mixes up the palette randomly forcing me to minimize and reopen srb2, only for it to happen 2 minutes later.

The same exact thing happens to me too. Just go Options > Video Options > Video Modes > Then select the same resolution your using.

The screen should look normal after that.

If I remember correctly, the highest resolution has all the text really big, including the console text. :P

My resolution is 1920 x 1080.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back