Sonic GZD

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks so awesomely taunting, but I wonder if its finished enough to be downloaded :(

If it does not have FOFs, it's pretty much worthless. (IIRC ZDoom does not have FOFs)

Oh well, I've never played Doom and never plan to anyway so all knowledge I have from the games is SRB2 realted.

If it does not have FOFs, it's pretty much worthless. (IIRC ZDoom does not have FOFs)

Oh well, I've never played Doom and never plan to anyway so all knowledge I have from the games is SRB2 realted.

I forgot to say the mod uses GZDoom (which has FOFs), so I don't know why it was posted at the ZDoom forums.

Nothing really catches my eye. All I see is a few floating platforms in absolutely ugly environments.

If this gets good enough, we migh see ports between the two. It would be like SNES and Genesis!

Even if it didn't have FOFs, you can still make a platformer without floating platforms.

How? Even Haggel Man (Retro Game Challenge) would need them even for making the connecting bridges

Just so anyone looking at this thread knows, I AM looking for some capable mappers. The maps are still in their infancy. The thread at zdoom.org isn't really a release thread, but more of a thread showing what I have as proof when I ask for assistance from the community.

If you really want to get support, I'd recommend trying to at least get a small tech demo out so that people can play around with it, as well as perhaps a DoomBuilder config file for it so that people can familiarize themselves with editing it.

If necessary, you could try porting one of SRB2's levels. I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to port GFZ1.

...Is this the future version of... SRB2&K's mod?...

Ok. let me comment

TOO GOOD - first thing. and yeah, I'ts like SRB2 With MD2.

I AM looking for some capable mappers.
Fishing for mappers in the ZDoom circuit might give you mixed results. In the same way that SRB2 mappers don't really like making small cramped corridors, I don't expect ZDoom mappers to be able to create vast, open landscapes.

Although, Sonic GZD would be for people who have spent their time learning ZDoom mapping anyway. SRB2 mappers are accustomed to the limits they've been working with for years.

Edit:
...Is this the future version of... SRB2&K's mod?...
No, this is what a real man's LRZ2 looks like.

Last edited:
Fishing for mappers in the ZDoom circuit might give you mixed results. In the same way that SRB2 mappers don't really like making small cramped corridors, I don't expect ZDoom mappers to be able to create vast, open landscapes.

Although, Sonic GZD would be for people who have spent their time learning ZDoom mapping anyway. SRB2 mappers are accustomed to the limits they've been working with for years.

Edit:
No, this is what a real man's LRZ2 looks like.

Actually the maps you see were made by ZDoomers and they are a mix between cramped and open. You would be suprised what ZDoom mappers can create, since ZDoom isn't limited to doom style maps. I can even show you a very open doom map made for ZDoom if you want.

I would like to release a demo, but in order to do that I have to have at least one fully playable level. That will take a little while to do, due to me being a horrible mapper, and I lack textures. The topic on ZDoom was mostly just a thread requesting assistance, I planned on releasing a demo there and here once I have one.

I'm kind of repsecting this project. I've never played ZDoom (or Doom for that matter) but I would like to get some designs for maps. Can't wait to see a story eventually appear in this. XD

I doubt this can compete with SRB2, sans visuals. SRB2 has had years piled on years done with it. The limits of DooM have been positively stretched, twisted, and destroyed in tons of ways that I doubt this can do. Sure, slopes and loops are nice, but they can't compete to, say, ERZ2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back