Which operating system do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost_Zero said:
Windows XP SP2 (My comp sucks and won't update to SP3), but I'm planning to get Vista soon.

Me too,SP2.
Mine won't update till I tell my dad to get the WIndows XP professinal disk with Frontpage.:/

So SP3 so.

Ghost_Zero said:
Windows XP SP2 (My comp sucks and won't update to SP3), but I'm planning to get Vista soon.

Don't unless you are absolutely certain that your machine has the specs for it. And I'm thinking at least double what Microsoft's supposed "recommended specs" are. Believe me, you do not want to be where I am right now.

Framerate in a game is different from actual machine performance.
Believe me, it's terrible.

Switching between 2 applications (usually Firefox and mIRC) is pretty much all I can do without some issues. Throw in a third, all bets are off on whether or not my machine will throw a fit. It just doesn't have the resources that Vista requires.

tails92 said:
Heh, I think that I've used almost a dozen different ones so far... Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, MacOS X, DragonFlyBSD, AmigaOS, BeOS, etc.
I really liked trying every OS I could get my hands on some time ago, but nowadays I prefer to have a stable one on the machine I use primarily and that's why I don't dual boot anymore, but if I have to use another OS, I put it on another computer.
I just don't like virtualized environments or emulators to run an OS, it defeats the purpose.
Currently I run Windows Server 2003 x64 and my brother Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs.
On an almost unused laptop I put SkyOS, just to try it out.

AMIGA OS!

Where'd you find it?

I use Vista and run Puppy Linux 4.0 in VMWare Player(But I'm still new to Linux and getting used to the idea of 'mounting' things). I used to have Win2k Pro on my previous PC, like SNNTails is using. Win2k pro is a great OS, wish I still had it, all of my software actually worked on Win2k!

Dark Warrior said:
Ghost_Zero said:

Don't unless you are absolutely certain that your machine has the specs for it. And I'm thinking at least double what Microsoft's supposed "recommended specs" are. Believe me, you do not want to be where I am right now.

A single core CPU at around 2.8ghz, integrated graphics (Eg. the Intel Extreme 2, or 865G chipset graphics) and 768MB RAM will run vista fine in Basic. If you want Aero, go for a cheap PCIE 16x graphics card and 1GB RAM. Dual core is nice but not required.

Yes, and these were tried and tested. My friend's Dell Dimension 3000 ran Vista perfectly; a Celeron D 2.6Ghz, 768MB RAM, integrated Intel-crud graphics. The systemw as 3 years old at the time.

Dual core is NOT required; my computer (Before I got a dual core) ran Vista fine in Aero with 1GB RAM and a single core AMD Athlon 3500+, and a Geforce 7600GT, and even a Radeon X1050 can run it well.

Also, Dark, try reinstalling the system? Some people said that their laptop ran terrible until reinstall. Can't remember where, though.

Win2k SP4, on a 160gb RAID 1 setup as a single FAT32 partition. Yes, I can boot with a Win9x DOS floppy disk and read the entire drive...

And yes, I do still have a 3.5" floppy drive.

I use a Forceflux Peripheral attached to my Commodore 64: It's the only way I can get the Ultimate Cheat to work...

On which computer?

My Desktop uses Windows XP SP2.
My Laptop uses Vista (Who cares what other specs, Vista sucks anyway.)
My OTHER laptop runs Mac OS 6 (It's a Powerbook 150, lol.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back