Official Level Design Contest: May/June 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
:SonicMaster: said:
Well, Geometric Void ended up much larger than Nimbus Ruins, and it has epic draw distance errors in Software Mode. The distance from one base to the other is around 16000 fracunits.

Just where are you getting all of these crazy level names from?

I also plan on entering again, remaking one of my first maps.

Well, Geometric Void ended up much larger than Nimbus Ruins, and it has epic draw distance errors in Software Mode. The distance from one base to the other is around 16000 fracunits.
I scaled down Nimbus Ruins slightly for that reason, as well as to keep a playable framerate on low-end machines.

Aw crap, it's already here. Well, back to drawing up Doomed Megapolis, I'd better hope I can get SRB2DB running under WINE in Ubuntu.

Mystic said:
I scaled down Nimbus Ruins slightly for that reason, as well as to keep a playable framerate on low-end machines.

Well, since then, I've put ceiling-to-floor pillars in appropriate places, with one-sided linedefs inside, and that removed quite a few of them.

Mystic said:
@.@

* Ezer'Arch cries out in pain *

Meh, I hate Nimbus Ruins. Unless I'm playing as Jellybones. >:)
Still, Geometric Void sounds interesting. Any screenshots of it?

I hate image hosting sites and I would be so stubborn as to put screenshots on SRB2FFH at this point. =P

http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/769srb20008.png

I feel like a description alone would help, too:

Nimbus Ruins has some pretty narrow ledge notches in places. On the upper and middle paths, Geometric Void's ledges are always at least 384 fracunits wide. On the lower path are ledges that are 205 fracunits wide, but that's where two Infinity Rings are housed. This is rather helpful to complement the Automatic Rings on the upper path. The middle path has a random monitor.

This level is meant to look like Prismatic Angel Zone, except using many special stage translucent FOFs to sort of simulate the rainbow textures. (OK, this would be better expressed through a screenshot, lol) I don't think we've had very many CTF levels that look like Prismatic Angel.

This is also the first CTF level of mine that has symmetry through the equation y = -x.

What is wrong with tinypic? I can understand hating imageshack for its slowness and advertisements, but tinypic is a good site for posting quick pictures without needing an account.

That's right, Torgo.

2mneuqg.png

Glaber base 5 is under way. One part of the base was part of an unfinished submition called Tubelectric Circuit. so as to reduce complaints about a nonfunctioning zoom tube, I added a sign.
srb20030.png

Sally is "Still Alive"
srb20028-1.png

Knux looking in on Sal's path.
srb20031.png

srb20843.png

Considering that Sally have only a jump, my guess is that we're gonna 2 separate ways for people to go through the level, Cool!

I was originally working on RedXVI's house as an SP level for the contest,
(Here's some of RedXVI's screenshots:)
srb20050.png

srb20051.png

srb20052.png

However, now I'm focusing all of my attention on another zone. This one is gonna use up all of my mapping skills in the rest of the month, so don't expect any other division entries from me. Heck, I hope I have enough juice in me to finish the level anyway...

Brown the dog said:
Considering that Sally have only a jump, my guess is that we're gonna 2 separate ways for people to go through the level, Cool!
At the very least. Playing as Sally you get an extra exclusive path that crosses over with the others. Her path even references SRB2 Christmas as does another alternate path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back