Official Level Design Contest Voting: March/April 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
Sorry about the week-long delay. Real life getting in the way, as usual. Multiplayer participation for this contest was rather low, with no CTF levels entered (except for one, which I wasn't able to download due to GMail wanting to fight with me. Darkbob1713, if you want to try sending it again, I'll try to make sure it gets in the next contest. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get it in this one, but GMail refuses to let me download it.)

---

Welcome to the March/April 2009 contest voting. We have 6 Multiplayer maps and 11 Single Player maps this time.

The voting works as follows: Play a few games of the stage in question, in the intended gametype for judging, and give the map a vote from 0 to 10, no decimals. You can not vote on your own map. Votes where the voter obviously did not play the level in its intended gametype, or where the voter did not play the multiplayer maps with other real players will be discarded. To encourage voting, if you are an author and you judge all of the competitor's maps, the lowest score on your map will be dropped. Please be as unbiased as possible for the author or the look of the map. It's all about how good the map plays, nothing else.

Although it's not necessary, it's very helpful to make comments about what you liked and didn't like about the map, so the author can improve his skill for future attempts.

Judging will end May 15th at midnight GMT (May 14th, 7:00 PM EST). The scores will be then averaged, and the person with the highest score is the winner.

Winners will have their usertitle changed to "Contest Winner", and will be given a golden username. This will last up and until the next contest winners are decided.

The maps follow:

Single Player Level Pack

Single Player:
Beach Factory Zone, Act 1 by Chisuun
Water Leaf Zone by Mr. Thompson
Dusty Desert Zone by Chrome
Frost Mountain Zone, Act 2 by HyperKnux
Vibrant Vendetta Zone by SonicMaster
Floating Gardens Zone by Kyasarin
Aqua Caves Zone, Act 1 by Blade T. Hedgehog
GS Poloy Forest by Glaber
Darkvile Castle Zone by Simsmagic
Mill Citadel Zone by Ezer.Arch
Eggmansion Zone, Act 1 by Knockout the Echidna

Multiplayer Level Pack

Match:
MAPA1 - Heaven Meadows Zone by HyperKnux
MAPA2 - Great Gorge of Water Zone by SonicMaster

CTF:
None

Circuit:
MAPA3 - Scale the Earth Zone by Chaobrother
MAPA4 - Volcano Park City by Darkness Claw
MAPA5 - Scorching Factory Zone by Jellybones69
MAPA6 - Endless Woods Zone by Blade T. Hedgehog

Please make sure to play the levels in the intended gametype, and above all, have fun judging!

TWO match maps? NO CTF maps?

Gee, I didn't think the OLDC was this bad...

EDIT: SonicMaster totally ruined everything by naming a map Vibrant Vendetta. You're ruining the point of the joke by doing that.

Spazzo said:

EDIT: SonicMaster totally ruined everything by naming a map Vibrant Vendetta. You're ruining the point of the joke by doing that.

I say we kick his map out, UNLESS he changes the name.

It could be so horrible/not funny that it'll ruin the joke forever.

O well, too late for fireworks to open the voting.

>_>

<_<

Anyway...

fireworks.gif
fireworks.gif

Spazzo said:

I think (almost) everyone moved to make SP map. I remember a member of WadBase was challenging me via PM for a SP contest.

Spazzo said:

As I said in other MB: I'm foreseeing this will be funny...

EDIT: I forgot to say: my map has two hidden rooms with tokens. It's the only secret there. I hope you have some fun finding them. :D

I love how you chose now to whine about the name when SonicMaster mentioned the level having that name several damn times before he submitted it. Way to speak out while there's still time, seriously.

At any rate, I usually don't get the opportunity to play level design maps online, so either way, I'm looking forward to reviewing the SP division.

Poloy Forest Zone, 5/10
This map is simply OK. There were some awfully cramped spots, but on the contrary, there were parts well designed enough to earn a 6-7. The gargoyle gimmick was brilliant and I wish other aspects of the level were as cool as that. The thok barrier was admittedly cool, but it felt cruel.

You also have a part that appears to have Sonic try to shatter a block from below. Well, it doesn't work, so there's only one path. =/

Dusty Desert Zone, 7/10
I would have given this an 8, but Linedef 2202 is one-sided and Sonic can touch it. If you stand on the sector at 4619, 6704, 752 and face west, you can thok through that wall.

This is well made as far as sector layout goes, and has a few gimmicks, but it could use a few more gimmicks. I really wish you had done some better texture alignment with the circular sectors, though.

Mill Citadel Zone, 9/10
This level was really quite fast, and almost too fast, but it had enough platforming to be great. This level had a lot of gimmicks, and they were appropriate and fun as well. I really liked the spike balls in the flour flow and the continuously falling clumps of flour.

While this has admittedly several flaws, some resulting in death, they're not really that frustrating. First of all, fix the blind corner traps and remove the shatter block floor traps.

I wish levels like this could be in the OLDC more often. Put in several epic gimmicks and remove a few cheap traps and this could be 10/10 material.

Frost Mountain Zone Act 2, 9/10
Oh, my word. Even better level design than Mill Citadel with the awesome texture choices from last act. You really need to align textures, though. You never do. =/

This had the perfect blend of speed and platforming, and had a total of three flaws. One of the staircases has a gap between the top stair and the last platform, and if you didn't know it before, you'll fall into the water, possibly into a Crawla. That's not too bad. Another flaw in this is the fact that this is only one path. The other one is where you have to hold backwards to hit the one spring (that everyone is complaining about =/). However, the bottomless pit isn't very frustrating at all, due to the fact that I like the rest of the stage so much. Otherwise, this level's design was flawless.

Add multiple paths, some epic gimmicks, and this will be golden.

Floating Gardens Zone, 4/10
Chaos, every single one of your levels I've seen are so large and use such wide passageways. This level had pretty much no detail to speak of, and it was really, really flat. The bouncy clouds were the only thing I liked. Also, how many of us have used the Aerial Garden Zone theme? Too many. We need to use the Second Quest Aerial Garden theme more.

Darkvile Castle Zone, 6/10
Not bad, actually. Your best 1P one yet, in fact. Mostly pretty average, but has a good amount of turns and enough platforming, but some spots feel a bit empty. I wish you would have used the skipping stone gimmick more than just once; I liked it. D= Also, the fact that one path ends with a boss and the other with an End Level Sign was quite creative.

Beach Factory Zone, 5/10
It's linear. The texture choices weren't good, and the misalignment looked ugly. The glass was tutti-frutti in Software; the water outside had no colormap. Also, the whole button press where you go back into the factory didn't really help the level at all. Instead, it should have been continued further through the beach. Otherwise, it was all right.

Aqua Caves Zone Act 1, 7/10
The second half is much better than the first half. Crumbling platforms are cheap in general, so you might as well have removed them. The fish were almost completely ineffective as being an enemy because they almost never hit you.

The waterslide was executed quite well, and the rising water gimmick helped make this level feel more professional. The moving spikes gimmick was also executed well. A good addition for your mod.

Water Leaf Zone, 7/10
This is better than last beta; don't get me wrong. I think the reason I rated it an 8 the last time is because the quality is a HUGE contrast from the levels of your Sonic '06 mod.

This level is quite competent and nonlinear, though it seems like some paths are simply inaccessible as Sonic. D= The visuals were pulled off nicely. The reason this isn't an 8 again is because there's one really bland platforming spot (at the music change) and the floating spikeballs. I never have gotten hit by the spikeballs unless I try, but some people may not always try to be in the center of the path, and they're invisible until you actually pass them.

Eggmansion Zone Act 1, 6/10
Yet another good level. The one crusher room is very difficult to figure out where the crusher ends and begins. There were some spots were it felt like enemies were being abused and what not, as well. Otherwise, the level design is pretty much classic, professional, old-school Sonic. =D

Vibrant Vendetta Zone, Mine/10
Well, it was bound to happen eventually. I'd rather have me do it than someone else who isn't good in mapping. I still need some work on applying themes, but oh, well. I hope you guys like the gimmicks.

I know that doesn't work, this is why that lower rout had the springs that got you back up to the normal path. In Tails Adventures, the only way you could get down to where I placed the extra life and ring box (Spark in TA) was to use the napalm bomb.

Votes:
Beach Factory Zone, Act 1 by Chisuun 6/10
It was decent, but the fence didn't do it's job. you may want to look into invisible FOFs

Water Leaf Zone by Mr. Thompson 7/10
Well done,,,,Mr. Thompson. [/Gman Voice]] Well now, it appears that the rules need clarification. Rating restored.

Dusty Desert Zone by Chrome 7/10
firt thing I wondered was if this level was a sonic 06 copy, then I relaized the level was better designed and only used the music from 06. I was able to beat it with sonic, but not Sally (Expected)

Frost Mountain Zone, Act 2 by HyperKnux 6/10
For some reason, I think the quallitly went down between acts.

Vibrant Vendetta Zone by SonicMaster 10/10
Feel my Bright Revenge! This stage was well designed and I was able to get to the gimick with the celing with Sally.

Edit: I just beat the level again with Sally, Tails and Knuckles. Each reaching a different end. All I got to say now is, THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Floating Gardens Zone by Kyasarin 6/10
Map Slot unknown. Falsely labeled as S.

Aqua Caves Zone, Act 1 by Blade T. Hedgehog 7/10
You did good. the level felt like an early 1.1/ME level, but the fish could had used a better Ai.

GS Poloy Forest by Glaber N/A
I've been playing this while waiting for the pack to release. This is based off of the first and second parts of Poloy Forest from Tails Adventures

Darkvile Castle Zone by Simsmagic 7/10
It was good, but it was a button hunt, or should I say a door hunt.

Mill Citadel Zone by Ezer.Arch 8/10
Cool, Apple mill, right?

Eggmansion Zone, Act 1 by Knockout the Echidna 5/10
Fix the visual glitches and you would had gotten a 7. Also Lable your wad file with the map number when it is not map 1.

Thats because I added it through XWE, it wouldn't play for me either. If you load it from the game, it will play properly.

A very bad turn out for Multiplayer maps, I hope ME will motivate people to make good ones for the contest again. :/

EDIT: I updated the review for Scorching Factory Zone to include more of the annoyances of what I had with the wad, as well as make it a clearer of what I meant by fire section. I also included some of the Single player votes.

Single Player:
Beach Factory Zone, Act 1 by Chisuun - 2/10
My biggest complaint of this level is how confusing it was. I gave up on the first time trying to complete the level, since it seemed like I was going in circles. I also thought those conveyors leading to your death was very annoying. I thought it was the way to the rest of the level, but instead it was a death pit. I thought the button was very annoying, since it didn't look like a button. I think the level would have been better without it.

Water Leaf Zone by Mr. Thompson - 7/10
I think you are improving here. I liked the use of multiple paths, and it seems the sector layout was pretty well thought out. There were a couple annoyances I had with the level that I think could be fixed, although it might be better that I tell you through a private netgame or something. The problem is that some of the jumps were a bit annoying, as well as some of the springs. The exit seems like it is in a place where a secret would be. I think with some tweaking, it would be a really enjoyable level.

Dusty Desert Zone by Chrome - 4/10
This level didn't really have anything interesting in it. I felt like it was to linear, and bland. I wish I could be more helpful, but I can't think of anything other then alternate paths and refinement of gimmicks.

Frost Mountain Zone, Act 2 by HyperKnux - 4/10
Not too bad of a level, though that misaligned spring into that death pit really annoyed me. It felt a little too short, and linear.

Vibrant Vendetta Zone by SonicMaster - 8/10
Like the many of the people that reviewed this before me, I was expecting to be disapointed. I also thought I was going to downvote it because of the name, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I actually liked the level, and didn't really think of the name too much when I was playing it. I also thought the music really fit with the theme you picked for the level; I am interested where it came from. I thought the gimmicks were a bit strange, but at least it made it feel different.

There are a couple of problems I had with the level though. I really didn't like the gimmick where it told you to spindash when you heard the explosion. I think that section wasn't really needed. I also thought that the hurting water pushing the sector up in the left path comes too much as a surprise. There should be a better indicator for that.

Floating Gardens Zone by Kyasarin - 4/10
This zone felt like Aerial Garden Zone at many places, except without the hoard of jettysyns. It was pretty short, as well as not too interesting.

Aqua Caves Zone, Act 1 by Blade T. Hedgehog - 5/10
The biggest problem I have with this level is the large areas of crumbling rocks. I know it is a bit hard to make the fishes work underwater, so I wont deduct points for that. The blind deathpits are very annoying. The second half of the level is better, but you should tweak the first half, so people don't quit midway, like I did the first time playing this.

GS Poloy Forest by Glaber -
Darkvile Castle Zone by Simsmagic -
Mill Citadel Zone by Ezer.Arch -
Eggmansion Zone, Act 1 by Knockout the Echidna -

Match:
MAPA1 - Heaven Meadows Zone by HyperKnux - 6/10
Not too bad, though there were a couple open gl glitches, and it lagged quite a bit. The other main complaint I have is that it is a bit too large. Other then this, it played alright.

MAPA2 - Great Gorge of Water Zone by SonicMaster - 2/10
This totally feels like a beginners map. I think the texture choice made it feel like that. I want to see more then 2 textures in the maps. The water felt like it was glitched up. The layout wasn't that great, and the deathpit placement was really annoying.

Circuit:
MAPA3 - Scale the Earth Zone by Chaobrother - 0/10
I got two words for you, consistency failure. The teleport causes c-failures every time. You should test out your maps with other players before submitting your wad. There were a couple of turns that were very annoying to navigate.

EDIT:I just played through this on my own to see how it might have played without the c-kicks. The starting has parts where it is way too narrow. The layout is pretty confusing, some of it could have worked as part of a single player level. Some of the checkpoints could be easily missed, especially if you fall in the lava near the end.

MAPA4 - Volcano Park City by Darkness Claw - 1/10
I had to use startlives so that people could actually finish this level. This is riddled with cheap deaths. What I hate the most about this level is that the fof crushers don't go up far enough, and go a bit too fast. This allows for that "crush you when the crushers are going up" bug/feature to happen, which is VERY annoying.

MAPA5 - Scorching Factory Zone by Jellybones69 - 1/10
Agh, another terrible map. The first thing that annoyed me at the zone is the lack of direction. When you are going to the first fire section, I thought that you had to go on the sides at first. I don't think you should include that narrow side thing, it just confuses people. I am guessing you meant to make it a thok barrier?

Another thing that annoyed me was the steam pushing you up. This would work fine in a single player map, but it breaks the flow in a circuit map, because you have to wait for it to shoot you up. I suggest putting a spring in there instead.

Another thing that annoyed me was the spring parts, where it sends you right infront of the wall. I don't think the wall, or the springs are really need, I figured that I could jump over them and it gave me a huge advantage. I found it strange that it was pointing up, when actually the path was down.

MAPA6 - Endless Woods Zone by Blade T. Hedgehog - 9/10
I loved this level. The sector layout was great, since has the whole risk vs. reward thing down. It felt a bit like Verdant Forest Zone at times though.

Honestly, I didn't think GGW Zone would go over that well, anyway. I should have waited and planned out a different level design, but I wanted to put in that water drain gimmick before I entered the contest.

I honestly need some help with making Match levels, anyway, though. Sigh.

EDIT: Old unfinished review was removed.

Beach Factory by Chisuun: 4/10

Almost playable map.

The paths are confuse and not clear enough. There are some useless spaces that I don't know why they are there.

The mixture factory x beach themes didn't work. A map must have identity, and only one: either you use one or another; choosing one, explore it well.

That falling floor trick after switch confused me. After I fell there, it's a tad hard to guess "where I have to go now?" even with a cut-away usage. I felt I walked in a circle, and I did. Direction cleanness is important and a critical point in level design.

Water Leaf by Mr. Thompson: 7/10

Playable and enjoyable map.

* applauses scenic and good lay-out *

Explorable, has a good aesthetic, so I can get involved with the theme because you applied very well the scenic elements (textures, things, trees, waterfalls etc), then I feel motivated to play more. "Neato".

Floating platforms "kill" any non-skilled player; not bad >:). It's an interesting element but this broke, as I could call, the difficult curve (the level starts easy and ends harder; the more you go forth, the harder it gets). Floating platforms in "middle" of the map was harder than end part. This was my perception.

Minor issue: Please, don't "hide" so much springs for a main path (e.g. look at x=-7200 y=-950), *or* make them more visible (e.g. x=-3200 y=-9450, water made springs harder to see/find). It's interesting when you want to hide a secret room or path, but if you hide a spring that lead you to continue a main path, you're breaking movement flow. Plus, visibility is important element for level desing.

Dusty Desert Zone by Chrome: 6/10

Playable map, with enjoyable parts.

A tad cramped and unclear paths at the beginning, and generous with space at the end.

The springs used in 1st and 2nd room (before that hidden teleporter) made the movement flow a tad confusing and inconstant. Sometimes, some springs are hard to use and/or is not clear where the spring is facing to.

After I go down the first staircase, there's some "pieces of floor" that are so small that I can overpass them in a single jump by using the first blue spring (enlarge 100-200% or erase them).

Falling floor trick in middle of a room was nice; it provoked me surprise and "what'll I face now?!"; a good little suspense.

About theme: well applied, uniform and harmonious. A good job.

Frost Mountain Act 2 by HyperKnux: 7/10

Music makes me happy :D ... it's explorable, interesting. Good aesthetics, theme was well applied.

Likely Frost Mountain Act 1, paths need to be enlarged; and between trees and stones, space (50 - 80% more). The first room could be larger, I think your level deserves it. Even so, most paths are clear.

Minor issues: there's a yellow diagonal-up spring near at x=5960 y=-2340 left me fall into death pit twice. And, at x=6700 y=400, a water fof has a current with wrong direction.

Vibrant Vendetta Zone by SonicMaster: 8/10

Playable and enjoyable map, with some impressive parts.

This map has three strong points: 1) length, 2) variety and 3) scenic.

You create a long and interesting suspense in whole map.

After the cemetery, going straight and underground, I found some rooms that seem to be another level. Underground rooms don't match onground paths/rooms, they use a texture set that made them look different, another place.

This is my opinion: I wouldn't recommend to use texts (CECHOs) in a Sonic game, IMHO; it doesn't fit well, maybe in a 2D mode it would fit. Texts are interesting for a RPG game or another kind of game where you depends on reading to complete the game. In a "normal" Sonic game, agility and skill to master speed are THE goal. I would use CECHOs if they won't be essential to complete a level (e.g. in SRB2, RedXVI's messages, they are funny but you don't need to read them to finish the level).

Minor issue: Besides that part "where it told you to spindash when you heard the explosion", as Torgo said, I found another corridor that uses the same thing (at x=7900 y=-3000) - as soon as I found it, I was squeezed, it was so fast that I didn't have enough time to dodge it; I'd keep the trap and raise a bit more the ceiling height.

About the name: uhmmmmm... this does not bother me. Just, this map has not to do with "vibrant...". What you did was a dadaism: you create a piece of art and give it a name that doesn't have anything to do with. The problem is that, this name scratched a thing that the community respects a lot, an old joke, a historical thing.

Floating Gardens by Kyasarin: 6/10

Playable map.

Ohhh beautiful. Did I die? Am I on sky? I liked the aesthetics, it's clean, wide... *but* seems the only challenges are platforming over death pits and dodging enemies. It's a good map to stay and explore, sometimes the paths are too wide.

Likely Beach Factory Zone, avoid theme mixing. Some rooms with CEZ texture didn't fit well in a AGZ map...

Also, make some paths more visible (especially, SW part of the map).

Minor issue: I found some walls with CEZ textures in an *isolated* place of the map (at x=15600 y=410): not good. This disturbs the adopted theme/visual identity in *that* part (but I know you used CEZ textures in another parts...).

Darkvile Castle by Simsmagic: 5/10

Playable map.

That switch to open the first door (THE *FIRST* thing I face when I start to play, THAT door, that will not open without the switch) was strange. Instead of starting to play and moving forward, I have to seek *such* switch first. That's the strange point. Nothing against switches, but a switch near the level beginning was not a good idea.

That crusher part: the crusher's bottoms blend with ceiling texture: hard to see, so, hard to dodge (a bit). Try to use a different texture, a similar to crusher's wall texture.

Scenic is harmonious. The theme was well applied in whole level.

Also, I have to say you could explore more the theme. The map length could be longer.

Aqua Caves by Blade T. Hedgehog: 7/10

I liked. This level made me remember Undersea Place Zone. Good visual identity.

Large falling floors with death pits was a problem. I don't see falling FOFs as a problem itself; if the sector is not so large and the floor doesn't fall immediately, the player can hear the noise, get aware and jump off to land on a solid floor. But if the falling floor is large and falls immediately after stepping on, the player hardly will dodge the death pit.

That Eggbox near the start is screaming "why am I here?". I know Mystic did the same with Verdant Forest Zone, but that Eggbox is not well placed in a way to cause a good effect: it's the first thing that I face when I start walking...

I think the crusher-walls with spikes didn't fit well in this map. It's better to make a variety from same elements than trying to use several elements in one map.

Anyway, but it's an interesting and enjoyable level.

Poloy Forest by Glaber: 5/10

Playable map.

A tad cramped, it disturbs movement flow (critical point). Please, enlarge main paths (50-100% more) and rooms.

You need to be more generous with space. Don't stay stuck with SRB2DB screen, say, you draw a staircase with 128x128 sector and say "it's good", on screen it seems good, but Sonic or Knuckes can jump over your staircase without touching one step. Not that I'm saying you did such staircase, but it's a sample of how dimensions should fit with character movement.

Then, try to perceive the width of a jump in movement apply the dimensions that fit better for.

As said Sonic Master, thok barrier made the scenery interesting.

Mill Citadel Zone by Ezer.Arch: NA/10

It's my map. My 11-days-made map.

Egg mansion by Knockout the Echidna: 5/10

Enemies that came from nowhere (critical point), especially Detons that come from "blind parts" pursuing my back o.O'. *RUN EZER'ARGH!!!* ... I used Detons in Misc(elanous) Real Zone, but you can see them and face them to dodge, even.

"They" says people hates Detons, but I can say Detons can be fun if properly used; then, visibility and space are mandatory here. Remember, game is about control and skill, not luck. Player can get annoyed if you take off the control from player's hands.

Try to make crushers more visible. They use the same wall textures, it's hard to see. Also, this part of the map (near the crusher part) and near end level, I feel you abused a few of badnicks.

About scenic: good aesthetics, a palette of textures well chosen.

=======

If someone wants, I have written an unfinished article about level design. It's not good yet, just I pointed out there a list of things that, I think, should be considered when you are making levels: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/User:Ezer'Arch/Level_Design

I need my dinner. Ends here.

*MOM TIME*

Darn, I've been looking forward to playing this contest, but it's a bit late here and I'll have to wait 'till tomorrow.
Good to see that the topic is up though ;)

Alrighty...

Beach Factory Zone, Act 1 (7/10)
The fences BEG to be soild, as I passed right through them.

The button idea and heading back there was kinda confusing, but it didn't confuse me that much.
-----
Poloy Forest Zone (6/10)
Water, hmm... *Jumps in, and loses Rings.* You could of at least put some kind of warning about why the water hurts you, oh wait, why does the water hurt you anyway?

Some crampness here and there, but I did like the Gargoyle acting as a stepping stone to reach areas that Sonic can't get too.

Also, during the first playthrough, I found a hidden Chaos Emerald, and I DIDN'T even know there were hidden Emeralds in the level.
-----
Dusty Desert Zone (8/10)
This level was alright, the music pretty much fitted in, and I know where it came from, at first, I thought it was going to be that one level from something, but I forgot.

Also, that Thok-able Wall needs fixing, and could of used abit more... you know, you could of also made those sand falls scroll downwards so it looks like its falling.
-----
Mill Citadel Zone (8/10)
Fast is fast, I liked the flour idea, and the one part where your getting pushed to the center and down comes a crusher, ready to kill ya.

The traps need some fixing, Blind Corners and shattering floors.

Also, found one of the Tokens, nice hiding spot for it.
[spoiler:37d7f79e12]Search the flour bins near the Exit Sign.[/spoiler:37d7f79e12]
-----
Frost Mountain Zone Act 2 (9/10)
Sonic CD music, thing is, you forgot to loop it correctly. Good use of the textures, by the way.

Some more paths could be a use, however.

Floating Gardens Zone (4/10)
Isn't the Aerial Garden Zone theme abit overuse? Also, the wide passageways and details are kinda... meh.

The Cloud Bouncing was a nice touch, however.
-----
Darkvile Castle Zone (5/10)
"Which path would you take? The Exit or the Boss?" It was alright, some parts were empty, and such things like that, and the path to the Exit, or Boss was a nice touch, but still...

Only one Water Bounce? =(...
-----
Aqua Caves Zone, Act 1 (8/10)
I liked the Robot Fish and the Normal Fish, but you know... I think they had too much candy, as they kept bouncing off the walls.

The ONLY floor trap that got me was the big one in the room, other than that, it's alright.
-----
Vibrant Vendetta Zone (9/10)
You killed the joke. -_- But this map... nicely done, also I keep hearing about a gimmick for this, so I'm going to try and find what it is.
-----
Eggmansion Zone, Act 1 (4/10)
R.I.P. Software Mode, I knew you well. Some parts have HOM's appearing, and also, one of the textures jumped out, which blocks my view for certain parts, you might wanna fix that.
-----
Water Leaf Zone (7/10)
I like the music choices for this, and also I knew where they came from.

But the dead ends just kinda... got me.

Also, it's not a good idea to hide springs that lets you go on the main path, but for secrets its ok.

Did I miss any?

SonicX8000 said:
Poloy Forest Zone (6/10)
Water, hmm... *Jumps in, and loses Rings.* You could of at least put some kind of warning about why the water hurts you, oh wait, why does the water hurt you anyway?

Doesn't Mudhole Karst Zone (by Mystic) make you remind of anything? :D

SonicX8000 said:
Did I miss any?

Water Leaf Zone.

SonicX8000 said:
... oh wait, why does the water hurt you anyway?
It's boiling hot with the forest on fire. I figure it would look better than a bunch of spikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back