Sending a once hacked wii to be disk drive fixed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeck Jims

Oh, THAT guy...
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
As the title says, I need to send in my wii to be fixed of disk reading issues. My question is will they fix it if it was once hacked? I never did anything large with the hacks, just emulators and codes for wii games. I deleted the HBC and it's data. Will they look for traces of hacks? Is there a way to eliminate said traces? I know for sure that the malfunction causing the issue is not due to the hacks.
That's about it, hopefully you guys can answer my questions. Thanks for taking the time to read my worries.

As long as you don't have BootMii or Priiloader installed, they can't detect it, and if you do, they'd have to SPECIFICALLY look for it to find it, and I'm sure they wouldn't give a shit.

My main concern is that it might just be cheaper to buy a new system. My PS2's like that. The laser doesn't focus correctly so it can't read dual-layer discs and DVD movies, but to fix it costs so much more than just buying a new system instead. (plus all my games are single-layer)

Well, my friend sent his in before for the same reason, it wasn't under warranty and it only cost $80, so I'd say that's cheaper than to get a new system...

Well, if you're patient and have money, the Wii U should be out a bit after March. That's if you even want it.

I'd just consider your options. How much does it cost to fix it, and is it really worth that much to you? If not, I'd go with what others say and just get a new system or wait a while.

Man, people can't just play their games without hacking, cheating or otherwise modding the crap out of the system, God forbid.

Hacked Wiis usually allow people to use Homebrew programs or games, not so much hack or cheat in other games(though it can, don't get me wrong). Hell, the only reason I have it is so I can sometimes play SRB2Wii or use the GBA Emulator.

I only hacked to do custom textures for brawl, and other aesthetic things, such as playing as a blue tunic Link in Skyward Sword, I never change gameplay.
I did use emulators, mostly the N64 one as I never had one...
Back on topic;
Thanks for the advice guys, I'v decided to not send it in, I got this cleaner disk that is for a CD player, but using it in the wii fixed it up for the most part, can't play brawl or it breaks again and I have to reuse the cleaner disk.
Anyway, I will hopefully be getting a Wii U at some point, so I can last until then.

By the way, Don't leave Wii disk in the console when its off, that can cause the disk drive to stop reading correctly.

Accualy I know something

Someone bricked there wii so bad nintendo thought it was a battery problem.I don't recommend bricking your wii.

If you remove HBC they won't detect it, of course if you still could read the discs I'd say grab a USB loader and backup all your games to an external hard drive then run them from there, though this is a bit more complex to do since you have to install a shitton of WADs, I did it and I believe Logan has done too.

And yes, it's legal, you own the games.

Interesting... That sounds like a good idea. But one problem. I deleted the hombrew channel and I can't get it back! The smash stack won't work this time and idk why...
All I did was simply delete the channel, so is it possible to just put it on an SD card then back to wii?

Someone bricked there wii so bad nintendo thought it was a battery problem.I don't recommend bricking your wii.

Thats why when in doubt, Priiloader.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Interesting... That sounds like a good idea. But one problem. I deleted the hombrew channel and I can't get it back! The smash stack won't work this time and idk why...
All I did was simply delete the channel, so is it possible to just put it on an SD card then back to wii?

Yes I think you can. If you want try signing up to wiiiso, they have tutorials in this line of business.

Use Letter Bomb. It's way simpler than Smash Stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back