Metroid: The Other M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyrus

This game looks extremely promising. Oh, and Shadowhog, I believe I found out who the Black guy was in the trailer. Sylux! Same danged suit!

Anyways, this game looks like an amazing addition to the series. This is already in my Top 5 must have list.

Discuss.

If you're going to post a topic about it, you should at least post some screens.
thumb1280x1280_3589293151_96116e3ac8_o.jpg

thumb1280x1280_3590098966_fb8edcf635_o.jpg

thumb1280x1280_3590097930_a54e5f4be7_o.jpg

What game system is this for? If it's for Wii, then those graphics are awesome.

Ironically these images are in 720p resolution. Wii can't handle HD!

Furyhunter said:
Ironically these images are in 720p resolution. Wii can't handle HD!
Ah yes, but what if they own a Wii made for developers that can handle true HD? :p

Or maybe they're testing their development builds on something that isn't a Wii? Hmm? You guys know that PCs can easily reach those resolutions, right? And video games have largely been written in portable languages ever since the 16-bit period?

Is there any information on this game other than those 3 screenshots? Maybe a website or something? It's kinda hard to dicuss something when there's not a whole lot about it that you CAN discuss.

Right, I can figure out 3 key things about this.
1) you would probably go through metroid 1 and super metroid during the game, because if you look closely you will see the baby metroid die when he saves your life when mother brain fires her lazer at you
2) it will defidently have a prologue chapter to it, because there are a lot of characters that seem to know Samus that haven't been in any other games before. like the colored dude who seems to be close to her
3) If you played fusion you should know this but just in case
[spoiler:a2bba68efe]the person who says "any objections my lady?" will most likely die during the game[/spoiler:a2bba68efe]
I could be wrong about some of these though. And, i am so exited about how this game will play out, it looks fantastic.
Also team ninja making a metroid game was something I was not expecting.

It's obviously way too early to say what the gameplay would be like, considering that for now all we've seen are cinematics and a few action shots. What we do have so far looks very promising, as the combat looks to be much more robust not to mention the story will be more involved. (while Metroid Prime does have its share of well played mature stories, most of them are backstory... like the fall of Bryyo from MP3)

I'm guessing we're still going to get the deep exploration experience, but it will have more layered combat... which is something I'd definitely support, because I found the Pirate Homeworld no less ambient than Bryyo despite the fact that there are more enemies and NPCs running about (though in its own way). Not to mention that working with the other hunters in the first level remains one of my highlights of the game.

And Nintendo definitely made a good choice on which IP to use for their step into a deeper hardcore. I didn't even know it was Metroid until I saw Samus suit up.

BlueZero4 said:
And since Team Ninja is developing the title, Samus actually looks like a girl now.

Pfft. If you think she looks like a girl in those screens, imagine if Itagaki was still at Team Ninja.

Very little can be said at the moment, but the trailer definitely looks interesting. I can't help but wonder about the meaning of the title though.

Also, anyone else think Samus's voice sounds kinda creepy?

Bigboi said:
BlueZero4 said:
And since Team Ninja is developing the title, Samus actually looks like a girl now.
Pfft. If you think she looks like a girl in those screens, imagine if Itagaki was still at Team Ninja.
That would be an extreme, yes.

FoxBlitzz said:
Or maybe they're testing their development builds on something that isn't a Wii? Hmm? You guys know that PCs can easily reach those resolutions, right? And video games have largely been written in portable languages ever since the 16-bit period?

I was being sarcastic with my post. Hence the XD

??? Isn't it easy to notice that..if you look?

Trailer looks sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back