The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said we want to buy merchandise? Any posts I've seen here talking about it are decrying just how horrible the merchandise is. I myself have an AJ figurine, but I wasn't the one who got myself it. It was given to me as a sort of joke birthday present by a friend. I was too kind to tell him just how horribly show inaccurate and ugly it was. :p
Just have somebody sew a hat for it.

Toys are toys. While they're designed to target females, nothing is preventing any males from buying and enjoying them. "girl-ish" is, or should be, a pretty irrelevant term these days as anything pushed towards a demographic shouldn't be looked down on by people outside the target audience.

"Putting Your Hoof Down", the episode airing today, was nice and pretty damn funny. It was my first time watching a live stream for the show, and I have to say I didn't enjoy viewing it this way. The video quality isn't very good and the chat is never filled with interesting conversation, if there's any at all aside from random outburts. I feel I'll enjoy the episode more when I watch it alone and in HD.

inb4 encouraging people to buy the iTunes versions.

Yesterday's episode, I swear to the holy Shy, scared me when I first watched it. Watching Fluttershy, my favorite character out of the Mane 6, be this raging psychotic beast of a pony left me with a large amount of fear I can't, as a whole, explain very well.

But...when I watched it today, I realize now that the episode hits me as a person in several ways. Especially since I've been a bit of an ass lately to some people.

This is yet another episode where I actually wept a tear, others being Sisterhood Social and Baby Cakes. But this wasn't a tear of joy, this was a completely different feeling. I instantly got depressed as of this line, and rightfully so.

Of course, there was some great humour in it. The Looney Tunes joke was the coolest thing I ever seen come from this show. Not to mention the Mr. T and Rocky references that grace Iron Will's appearance.

Overall this episode was just...astounding. I'd almost stick it as my favorite episode overall, replacing Green Isn't Your Colour.

142890%20-%20animated%20Hubble%20pinkie_pie%20rarity.gif

where the hell is my vector of this? :<

Just watched the mentioned episode right now, and I think these two lines can easily summarize my feelings for it.

<@Scizor300> i was just absolutely stunned that fluttershy could get like
<@Scizor300> that

I found it to be pretty good. I really need to watch some more episodes.

Scizor300 Via IRC said:
<@Scizor300> i was just absolutely stunned that fluttershy could get like
<@Scizor300> that

I wasn't. Ever since the galloping gala episode in S1, It practically foreshadowed for me that sooner or later, she was going to loose it in some way or form. Think about it. . .the amount of stress she put upon herself just to get the attention of the animals around Celestia's palace up to the point of going mad and aggressive, along with the episode when she babysat the cutie mark crusaders.

I feel the same wasn't any different in this episode, other than the fact that she took her gained assertiveness in the wrong direction, making her a bully. At the same time, it does show how much she dislikes being a submissive person.

EDIT: Also. . .
tumblr_m0f0kmqirW1qkwnhyo1_r1_500.png

A free muffin for anyone who can guess what game these guys are from. . .

Last edited:
Oh, man, the name of that game is escaping me at the moment. I suppose I could hazard a guess, but I have no idea if whatever I come up will be anything NIER what the correct answer is.

And so they are.

IMG_5583.JPG

I am dastardly enough to walk into McDonalds and ask if they sell Happy Meal Toys individually. But not by myself, I had my little sister go with me... :p

And also, octopi are the best plushies.

So kinda hanging out around the SDGO forums on OGplanet. Wanted to look at some clans available. . .then this kinda caught my eye XD

Equestria Pilots

EESH guys! I'm already fighting experienced players from other servers. . .must I also fight bronies too?

MLd8r.jpg

Have I mentioned that I found the latest epispde, 'Dragon Quest', to be absolutely hillarious? Something about the ridiculous teenage dragons, their amazing antics and the rock music that follows them in juxtoposition with the mood the rest of the show provides pushes all my buttons in the best possible way. Seems to be the same reasons I love 'Dog and Pony Show' so much as well, go figure.

Although, was I the only one a little weirded out by the ending? Conflict resolution delivered by stealing a baby egg and hatching it instead of returning it to the parents? What's the deal with that?

Although, was I the only one a little weirded out by the ending? Conflict resolution delivered by stealing a baby egg and hatching it instead of returning it to the parents? What's the deal with that?
Though this doesn't gel with the general sapient-ish animals motif that the show usually follows, birds will often abandon their nests for good if sufficiently threatened... and the last shot we see of the parents is of them flying away.

I wonder if anyone seen this yet...

Mistakes in Season 1

That is sure a lot of mistakes during Season 1. I think I only noticed a few of them without even looking. Like the one at 40:32 as a example.

Last edited:
So... after getting 7 & 8 from McDonalds which... at the time they only had 7 & 8 *7: Rainbow Dash, 8: Cheerilee.* I looked on Ebay and they had 1 thru 6 for about $5.95 + $3.00 SH *Total $8.95* and of course STILL in the package so ordered them on 3/20/2012 and they came on the 3/24/2012.

Let's see... for the whole set it was about $12.95 as McDonalds charged $2 per toy, which came to about $4 and add the $8.95... yes, close to $13 for all 8 of them. Now if I bought the rest from McDonalds if they had different kinds that would be $16 if they were still $2 per toy so I saved like... $3 by doing this.
HNI_0081.JPG

What to do with these... I was just going to leave them in the package, that's about it. *Crappy 3DS Camera, yay.*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back