Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RP? What's RP?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warpshade

Usually lurks somewhere.
What is your opinion of RPing? Just wondering. I mean in a general sense, not Sonic RPs, not rping on srb2 or anything like that. Just rping.

I'd say that RPing can be fun but more often than not it's kinda dull.

I love rping for sure and no doubt but what made me vote I like rping is that when people never cooperate.Yeah it's fun at time and at other times it's boring and at other times just....You wanna puke.But deep in my heart across every little vain,past my two lungs*Hit by club to hurry up*I like rping.

Role playing, in games designed for it, can be quite fun. Me and my friends play Dungeons and Dragons every Friday night. I've got no problem with role playing.

The problem is when people start role playing in things that are simply NOT designed for it, such as SRB2. It doesn't help that the general IQ of the internet is about 40, either. Role play with your friends in real life. It can be a blast. Do not role play with idiots on a forum, chat room, or SRB2 server. You're asking for your intelligence to be insulted.

The fun you have in RPing depends entirely on the level of skill and general intelligence of the people involved. That said, I've been a part of some fantastic Sonic and PR RP's in the past.

Ehh....uhhh....

I really have no opinion about RPing. To be completly honest, I have been a part of "Semi-RPing" in SRB2, back in 1.08. Of course, this was not actual RPing, it was just screwing around with NORESETPLAYERS and TAILSPICKUP, creating spindash tiki towers and abusing glitches. Shadowstar actually took some screenshots of this netgame, which can be found in a ZIP file in the old SRB2 screenshots topic that is now locked.

With the exclusion of the story below, I really have no RP experience, hence the lack of an opinion.

God bless NORESETPLAYERS. Best console command ever. =P

-noresetplayers basically sorts of let you warp to a map while keeping things such as X/Y location, and all 7 chaos emeralds. It got removed because it started getting abused by n00bs who always wanted to be Super Sonic(and would warp to match maps with him, where match was unplayable due to SS's invincibility.

You completly forgot to mention that it saves your weapon ring status, making crazy weapon ring combonations avaliable in the normal rotation.

RPs are essentially story-telling, but with multiple authors working together on the story. I typically find this to be in third-person, although I've seen first-person ones as well (where people generally act as if they are the character, and leave it at that; more frequent in chatrooms).

RPGs are video games with preset stories.

By far NOT the best definition, but that's kind of what the difference is... kind of.

I, um, I like RPing. But, correlating with what Arrow said, good RPs are really, really hard to find- it took me well over 7 years to find an RP that managed to capture my interest again after my bouts on various AOL chats. Even then, I don't do it too often.

I love to role-play, problem is the RP forum on a site I go to is infested with Sonic RPs. x_x
Edit: @Draykon: HyperMetalSonicX/Techron is good at Role-Playing, she gave me some tips on how to RP better. :)
Nick8 is also good at it as well.

I did Role play at a time in my life. Never got used to it. I always disliked it for some reason.
I'd also like to aggree with what Mystic said, most of the people online who do roleplay aren't good at it.

Shadow Hog said:
RPs are essentially story-telling, but with multiple authors working together on the story. I typically find this to be in third-person, although I've seen first-person ones as well (where people generally act as if they are the character, and leave it at that; more frequent in chatrooms).

Ooops! Um, I don't like RPing because I can't handle multiple autors of the same story. Just doesn't work for me.

I can't say I have much of an opinion of roleplays, but unless we get into a discussion that leads to it, I normally just ignore them. I've taken part in RPs a few times in certain IRC channels (or, more accurately, I had fun with scripts), but I never saw a good RP in SRB2. It just doesn't happen, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back